So, I was thinking of starting my own business...

So, I am a student at the University of Oklahoma and I kind of realized I want to live my dream of owning my own business and if it failed, go back to school and get a "real job".

Anyways, I wanted to open a hookah bar in my college town of Norman, OK, and I wanted to hear what the community thought of the idea. I have already priced out everything I would need to purchase and have written a business plan for it. I have a decent chunk of change in the bank and I only need the guts to go through with it.

I remember Animo mentioning something a few years ago about opening his own hookah bar so if he sees this thread, I hope he can give me some advice on what to expect.

Anyways what are your thoughts?

HEY GUYS - ITS LIKE SMOKING WEED BUT IT'S TOTALLY LEGAL AND IT DOESN'T GET YOU HIGH! ISN"T THAT SO EDGY?

1. go to university
2. live your dream, quit university and open a hookah bar
3. profit?

:) good luck

edit: fuck you WC :)

Last edited:
So you have done extensive studies to the desires of that community or is more like "a couple kids I know would like it" ?

Sipher - I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but I have to ask. Do you and your friends smoke marijuana regularly?

So you have done extensive studies to the desires of that community?

Well I wouldnt say I have done extensive market analysis on hookah bars, but I have worked and managed one so I at least know the target market and the average sales of a decent hookah bar.

What do you mean by bar.. I've been to a club that had a hookah lounge, but they make their money at the door and drinks like most clubs. What else are you going to have there?

You need to have something like food, drinks, entertainment, etc as well I think. Otherwise you'll get a lot of people coming in one time to check it out and then never coming back because it's boring.

Sipher - I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but I have to ask. Do you and your friends smoke marijuana regularly?

I have smoked marijuana before, but I no longer do so. Hay guys I know its a funny business concept, but I am genuinely curious on your opinions.

Back