Since quite a few of you know so much about drugs tell me about OXYCODONE

oxy_pills%20all%20mg.gif

so we all know what oxycontin looks like :D

JohnClark said:
Nope, hydrocodone is actually a good deal weaker (though still pretty potent), it's a schedule III.

i was fairly certain that the drug schedules were based on the overall addictiveness and lack of any true medicinal use of the substance.

Schedule I being the worst with things like heroin, cocaine/crack, varius meth products (Ecstasy and friends) and LSD. Marijuana is in there too, but thats debatable as to its place in the drug schedules (BUT NOT IN THIS THREAD)

james said:
i was fairly certain that the drug schedules were based on the overall addictiveness and lack of any true medicinal use of the substance.

Schedule I being the worst with things like heroin, cocaine/crack, varius meth products (Ecstasy and friends) and LSD. Marijuana is in there too, but thats debatable as to its place in the drug schedules (BUT NOT IN THIS THREAD)

Schedule 1 are for drugs that are all but illegal (that's why marijuana is there), and you're right, it is about addictivness. Nevertheless, percocet is much more potent than vicodin, but vicodin is no slouch either.

right. schedule I have no recognized medical use in the USA.

the other schedules II-V are ranked according to both dependance and toxicity.
oxycodone isnt just a higher class because youre more likely to become dependant, but because its more likely to cause life threatening effects if abused. you could call it a lower 'therapeutic window'.

there are some interesting quirks in scheduling:

codeine for example

in some cough syrups its schedule V and actually available over the counter. actually its behind the counter but you dont have to have a prescription. there is a considerable amount of liability on the pharmacist for determining need tho, and most people that go into pharmacies coughing loudly and asking for it will get the answer - "we dont have any sorry"

in its most common form (tylenol #3) its schedule III.

when its by itself with no other ingredients like tylenol, however, its actually a schedule II. there are commercially available 30mg codeine tabs but they arent commonly used because its too much of a hassle for MDs to write a CII script for every fill (schedule II scripts can have no refills)

another funny one is phencyclidine (PCP)
most people think its a schedule I but it aint.
some vets use it to control seizures in animals and thats a legitimate medical use. schedule II.

ho ho ho blah blah blah

anyways, johnclark is giving you really good advice, but do be mindful that its still possible to become dependant on a drug while taking it per the MDs directions. MDs arent perfect, and some have more loose prescribing practices when it comes to drugs of abuse.

if you are concerned about the amount the MD has you taking and for how long, dont hesitate to get a second opinion.

and no you wont become physically addicted after one dose of oxycodone.

Last edited:
oxycontin crushers BEWARE
youre about to be thwarted

narcan (naloxone) is a narcotic antagonist. that means it competes with narcotics at the receptor that they bind to product pharmacologic activity.... except it produces no activity. in fact just by occupying the receptors it can put opiate addicts into withdrawal quite easily. its what they can use to wake people up with that OD on opiates, particularly if its not a chronic opiate addict (withdrawal concerns).

heres the skinny:

the manufacturer of oxycontin (controlled release oxycodone as stated above) and MScontin (controlled release morphine sulfate) is gettin ready to microencapsulize narcan into the control-release matrix of the tablets.

they may be doing it already im not sure.

it will be coated with a material that will prevent the narcan from being absorbed into the body, unless crushed.

the net effect is that the people taking the pills normally will tell no difference, but if you crush them (either to snort, inject, or just plain dose dump) then youll get a dandy dose of narcan along with your drug of choice.

some ingenious little pharmaceutics geek is gonna make bankroll on that idea.

People crush and snort oxycotin and get FUCKED up. There are lots of people in my area who abuse it, thus why it is nicknamed "hillbilly heroin." One of you guys sounds like a pharmacist so you might answer this, didn't oxycodone and oxycotin come from splicing the poppy with the cotton plant?

JohnClark said:
Nope, hydrocodone is actually a good deal weaker (though still pretty potent), it's a schedule III.

Yeah they are pretty potent. I really couldnt tell the difference.
All I know is that 2 eggs, bacon, cheese, ketchup,s&P + 3 hydrocodones = A really nice morning :D

Back