Since quite a few of you know so much about drugs tell me about OXYCODONE

Just a note that Oxycodone and Oxycontin are two seperate substances completely. If he held up a pharmacy for percs, he's got some serious issues outside of substance abuse.

Oxycontin is a whole different league of addiction.

oops... yeah it was for cotin... I totally missed the codone :( duh

/me smacks head.

Disregard everything I said, codone is not "that" addictive.

Iced said:
Just in case you do not know what that means... its close to heroin.

There really isnt any kind of pain meds that you will take that will not be addictive. Especially for the type of pain you are describing that you are having. The main reason for this is that even if it isnt "physically" addicting then there is the mental addiction to feeling that good so easily (popping pills).

I have personally known people that never did drugs their entire life and had back pain so they where given oxy... one of them is in jail now because he tried to hold up a pharmacy to get more. I know this is probably quite extreme... and the guy did have a sheltered life.. but still it shows to me that its something id rather stay away from.

This is what terrifies me..I don't want to become like this. But I haven't had any sleep for the last 5 days now because my back pain has increased exponentially. I don't know what really cuased the increase in pain. I hope its not just in my head either. I like to think I have been solid person most of my life. I wouldn't even say I was an alcholic I drank a few beers everyday when I did but I didn't have to drink. I still stopped drinking cold turkey to without help. But a drug that is addictive makes me very nervous. The media has told so many horror stories of these drugs I begining to think I would be better off in pain.

well your not better off in pain. With the pain you are describing I do not think codone is going to do the trick tho. That is why I lost track that it was codone and not cotin. cotin would solve your pain problem no doubt... but it would introduce these other issues exponentially.

Iced said:
oops... yeah it was for cotin... I totally missed the codone :( duh

/me smacks head.

Disregard everything I said, codone is not "that" addictive.

Yeah, unfortunately it is. Oxycodone is not generic percocet, percocet is Oxycodone5/Acetiminophen325. Oxycontin is just time release oxycodone. All three are scehdule II, and all three are very addictive if they're either abused or used long term. And axe, there really aren't any drugs that will relieve your pain without threat of addiction. If there were it's the only one we'd use. :) I wouldn't worry though, as long as you take it as prescribed, and not chronically, you should be fine.

axeofblood said:
Has anyone become addicted to these..I am doing some research on the net and it mentions high addiction rates. I don't know how long I may be on this stuff. I'm suppose to goto a pain managment center to. He tells me they can give me pain blocking shots that are long lasting. I was on vicodin for almost a year and I hated that crap because it made me sick to my stomach after I took it. They took me off it cold turkey to and I felt like complete shit for 5 days after that. I don't want to go through that again.

Then dont take it.
I got addicted after being on them for 8 months. After that I was put on Vicodin for about the same amount of time. After the vicodin was tylenol w/codine. After the T3s I had trouble sleeping for about a year and felt sort of strange/crappy.
I wouldnt stay on them very long if I were you. no more than a couple weeks.

Iced said:
Just in case you do not know what that means... its close to heroin.

There really isnt any kind of pain meds that you will take that will not be addictive. Especially for the type of pain you are describing that you are having. The main reason for this is that even if it isnt "physically" addicting then there is the mental addiction to feeling that good so easily (popping pills).

I have personally known people that never did drugs their entire life and had back pain so they where given oxy... one of them is in jail now because he tried to hold up a pharmacy to get more. I know this is probably quite extreme... and the guy did have a sheltered life.. but still it shows to me that its something id rather stay away from.

a physical addiction means that the body physically craves for more. you get all the symptoms of withdrawl. panic attacks, flushed skin, sweating, cramps, nausea. i've been there, it sucks.

psychological addictions usually refers to enjoying the feeling that the drug gives you. relief from pain, having fun, etc etc. sometimes psychological addiction can cause withdrawl like symptoms (psychosomatic response)

Urgewyrm said:
For the love of all that is holy....

DON"T DRINK WHILE TAKING PERC'S!!!!

It's BAD BAD BAD BAD.

Mak, stop it. You're making me horny.

yes, very bad idea. I've never thrown up so violently and for so long. It was an awful night :[

lets do some clarifying (to my knowledge this is right):

Vicodin (brand name) = Hydrocodone + Acetaminophen (generic name)

Oxycotin (brand name) = Oxycodone (generic name)

Percocet (brand name) = Oxycodone + Acetaminophen (generic name)

in the combos (any codone + Acetaminophen), its usually like 1mg of the narcotic for every 100 mg of Acetaminophen.

james said:
a physical addiction means that the body physically craves for more. you get all the symptoms of withdrawl. panic attacks, flushed skin, sweating, cramps, nausea. i've been there, it sucks.

psychological addictions usually refers to enjoying the feeling that the drug gives you. relief from pain, having fun, etc etc. sometimes psychological addiction can cause withdrawl like symptoms (psychosomatic response)

Can't say I went through all of that after coming off the vicodin. I mainly had body aches sweaty and nausea for 5 days straight.

Iced said:
another question...

differnce between darvocet and percocet?

Darvocet is proproxyphene and acetiminophen, used alot for migraine headaches and what not since it binds directly to receptors in the brain.

Back