Shooting on VA Tech campus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you shut the fuck up you douchebag, this isn't the time for your bullshit.

Why, would it be better if he was some emo goth kid so we can head the media rail about how modern culture is corrupting our youth for the next few years?

You can have your gun stored at the police station but not on campus. They allow students to keep them there because this area has a very large deer hunting following so some students like to have their rifles available when the season opens. There is no ghetto in Blacksburg. There are a couple of trailer parks way off campus but you don't need protection at Tech which is why all the locals are so shocked.

Can a VT person please make a list of all the VT TWers they know of, so we can account for as many as we can?

and how did oreilly get your email?

Fight or flight though. I don't know why a person would just stand there. Wouldn't your first instinct to be get the fuck out or take on the aggressor?

There's always the pretend to be dead way to go too. It really depends for me. If I saw an exit and I was fairly close, I'd probably make a run for it. Otherwise I'd pretend to be dead. I don't think I could ever take on the gunman himself without any type of weapon.

you know we'd all like to think we would fight back in this situation

but that's just wishful thinking

The thing is trying to put yourself in that situation is a moot point. I can't imagine being in a class typing away at notes and tehn have some crazed gunman coming in and firing at people.

you have no idea what is going to happen, or if there is more than 1 shooter....it's stupid to speculate what you would do because its easy to think that you would fight the guy from the comfort of your room. i can only imagine what it would be like to see people being killed all around you and having a loaded gun pointed at you.

some bill that allows students to carry handguns on campus wouldn't have prevented this...that sounds like a horrible idea.

Are all the VT tw'ers accounted for? I'm sure it will take you guys awhile to track down all your friends, my best wishes to everyone involved.

some bill that allows students to carry handguns on campus wouldn't have prevented this...that sounds like a horrible idea.

:lol: Imagine the carnage if a student shoots the gunmen, then another student shoots THAT student because he thought HE was the gunmen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back