Server Seed Hosting Solutions: #2 - Thought it couldn't get any better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big stuff in the works!

Just added a monster Dually Xeon rig and domain registration is nearly operational. A special TW special is coming :)

Thanks for all the support everyone!

TySoft said:
Big stuff in the works!

Just added a monster Dually Xeon rig and domain registration is nearly operational. A special TW special is coming :)

excited...need new hosting soon...

When you say domain registration do you mean we'll be able to get domains through you? I hope so because GoDaddy was not fun.

TySoft said:
Big stuff in the works!

U R special :heart:

;)

Update! 30% OFF THROUGH SUNDAY!!!

Hello!

Server Seed has been growing very rapidly lately. Thanks in part to TW! I’ve been shocked at the growth and am determined to continue to provide top quality webhosting at discounted rates to my TW friends. There have been many positive changes to Server Seed lately:

• After quite a while of testing, I finally brought a Dual Xeon rig online tonight. Signups for the two highest end plans will go on this machine, while others will go on the Pentium 4 box (which is still performing great and has a very low load – I intend to keep it that way.)
  • Domain registration is up.
  • A new hosting plan has been added – by the name of “Heavy++”. Heavy++ is the Heavy account, but with a bit more bandwidth & disk space, and free domain registration!

To celebrate, I’d like to offer 30% off for a few days to all TWers interested! This 30% (ss30) off is a recurring discount, and applies to the Medium, Heavy and Heavy++ plans. I’ll be running the 30% off coupon through Sunday. After that, the good old TribalWar 20% (tw20) will be back.

Want to demo cPanel? Give it a test drive at http://beta.serverseed.com:2082 – the username and password are both “demo”. Account activation is automated & instant once the initial invoice is paid. You can pay via credit card or PayPal.

Interested? Head on over to http://www.serverseed.com and sign up, or just head over there to learn more. Don’t forget to use coupon code ss30 to redeem your 30% off!

Please reply with any questions (or email me at tlott@serverseed.com)!

(I'm pretty tired and have a meeting in just over 5 hours so I gotta get some sleep. Was up late to update some stuff on the server. Will respond to any replies tomorrow morning... if there are any, of course).

:heart:

[HvC]Scuba said:
Hey Ty, I am thinking about getting an account, but really, all I need is the FTP properties and bandwidth of the Heavy account, don't need POP3, or MySQL, really. And maybe more disk space.

Can we work something out?
I was gonna ask the same almost word-by-word except all I need is Medium class b/w (25gigs), it'd proly use even less than that. Been looking for host I can trust and just didn't like plans from gazillion of other hosting.

So all I need is ftp access (definitely no illegal shit) and one simple 'index.html', no MySQL nor php etc. Can you work up a quote that includes total with taxes and hidden fees? :)

Question: Do I have to register a domain? Do you allow use of external redirection such as dyndns.org and so on?
I guess you can PM me or email, appreciate the time and special offer.

Xcursion: The medium plan comes with "unmetered" subdomains, no hard limit.

Technotrone: No, you don't have to register a domain. That's just for folks that don't have one, really. Just point your nameservers to ns1.serverseed.com and ns2.serverseed.com.

I am really considering getting a Heavy++ plan but now I am wondering if the free domain registration will be registered to you or the person who is getting the plan.

You will have complete control over your domain, if you want to move hosts or transfer the domain you can do it.

The info you specify during the signup process is listed for all 3 domain contacts. So it's totally in your name and under your control like any domain.

If anyone has any further questions, please drop me a line at tlott@serverseed.com instead of posting here. I'll reply much faster that way. :heart:

Last edited:
Done and done :)
Now that's what I call 'personal service' :hitit2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back