Season 4 gear here

anyone else think the s4 graphics are the ugliest and most unoriginal yet?

I do, I was a little disappointed by them, but since I probably won't be getting them any time soon it's a moot point. I'd like to think with WoWs rampant success they'd be able to hire people and expand their dev base to cover everything well, and apparently that's not the case.

I'm calling bullshit on this, I don't know of any guilds you can suck up to and get them to just hand you a drop from MH/BT (keep in mind that item has a CHANCE to drop once a week) Also almost no guilds sell these items since RNG almost always means a main raider needs it (you wont see any guilds selling a warglaive or any archimonde loot)

Agreed.

I have been getting gear faster in pve, but its cus we have Gruul on farm and I'm the worst geared Hunter (my boots are still green) in the raid. Not exactly the best out there.

Turning in the items I get S1 instead of T4...the logic behind it being that even though T4 gear is marginally better (correct me if I'm wrong) for pve, having resilience will help me get better gear in PVP as well. Some of my guildies who throw an sfit about it but in the long run it will help the guild out.

Do they have the pricing for us scrubs that are looking at getting S3 gear in S4?

getting 3 glaive sets in as many weeks is faster than anything you could do pvp

so there is "risk" in pve but that can payoff a ton
I could get MH/OH S4 in 3, maybe 4 weeks, as well as Weapons for 4 other people.

Maximally, you could get 6 glaives in 6 weeks, and that's with luck handed to you from Raptor Jesus himself.

I do, I was a little disappointed by them, but since I probably won't be getting them any time soon it's a moot point. I'd like to think with WoWs rampant success they'd be able to hire people and expand their dev base to cover everything well, and apparently that's not the case.

thats always been my argument too... with the amount of $$$ theyre rolling in wow should be 10x better than it is.

Basically, Tony's argument for the longest time has been PvP better and harder than PvE, which is just a complete fallacy. Anyone that think getting PvP gear is easier is pretty much equally retarded. To get 5 people to coordinate well, to constantly get a high rating every week and a constant stream of points (with new system and rating) is pretty hard too. To get the BEST weapons in the game though (glaives for rogues) is damn near impossible compared to PvP weapons.

Basically, Tony's argument for the longest time has been PvP better and harder than PvE, which is just a complete fallacy. Anyone that think getting PvP gear is easier is pretty much equally retarded. To get 5 people to coordinate well, to constantly get a high rating every week and a constant stream of points (with new system and rating) is pretty hard too. To get the BEST weapons in the game though (glaives for rogues) is damn near impossible compared to PvP weapons.

not really

thats quite an assumption

all i said is you can get pve gear as fast. depending of course on random drops

the only thing worse than arena elitists, are pve elitists

but while on the argument - WoW pvp was destroyed the second they introduced the new honor system

i'd go back to the rank system over this bullshit they have now (but with instant honor, kthx)

not to mention they ruined premades

Last edited:
Agreed.

I have been getting gear faster in pve, but its cus we have Gruul on farm and I'm the worst geared Hunter (my boots are still green) in the raid. Not exactly the best out there.

Turning in the items I get S1 instead of T4...the logic behind it being that even though T4 gear is marginally better (correct me if I'm wrong) for pve, having resilience will help me get better gear in PVP as well. Some of my guildies who throw an sfit about it but in the long run it will help the guild out.

Do they have the pricing for us scrubs that are looking at getting S3 gear in S4?
you are an idiot, and would NEVER get pve loot again. Its simply amazing how people top Faennag and Tony el tigre for dumbest fucking comments in these boards.

Last edited:
you are an idiot, and would NEVER get pve loot again. Its simply amazing how people top Faennag and Tony el tigre for dumbest fucking comments in these boards.

Fuck you man, no way anyone will top ME! And maybe I plan to continue this tirad into AoC. Maybe, I'm tired of being the retard sometimes...

thats always been my argument too... with the amount of $$$ theyre rolling in wow should be 10x better than it is.

It's probably one of these scenarios.

1. There are either no artists around to hire or the ones that are don't meet Blizzard's overly-high standards.

2. The higher-ups are probably keeping the numbers down intentionally to keep profits up. Hire more people = more expense = less profit and WoWs full of profit now anyway. I know that's not how it actually is, but the people calling the shots are stuffy suits who see nothing more than market analysis and reports full of numbers.

3. WoWs success is being used to bankroll some other project, the higher-ups assuming it can sustain it's profitability as it while taking most of their profits to be put to work in another area, company, project.

That's that only thing I can think of. Hell I know people who knew GMs personally and the consensus was being a GM is a largely thankless job with tedious hours and shitty near-minimum-wage pay. You'd think something as successful as WoW could afford to give the frontline complaint-handlers something more than that?

Last edited:
S1 gear is NOT better than T4 gear for PvE. It's not marginally better either. It's like, completely different.

The amount of int you get, the mp5, both sets don't really have +hit. S1 gear is itemized for resilience and stamina, with agi being a close second. The AP is totally weak on it, and there's always some crit. But essentially, a lot of it is devoted to stam.

If you grab T4 items, you should pick up T4 pieces, especially since S1 pieces take almost no time to get during an AV weekend. You can probably pick up 3-4 pieces on a weekend if you dedicate yourself.

Back