Rurouni Kenshin OVA 1-4

i don't have an anime store near by :/ at least none that i know of. You live in northern Va cf and bubbles right? do you know of any?:)

Mecca said:
i don't have an anime store near by :/ at least none that i know of. You live in northern Va cf and bubbles right? do you know of any?:)

I know of at least two, but I don't know how helpful I can be. There's one that I think is called Pandora's Box. They're in the kinda-dirty stripmall near Springfield Mall. There is or was a Shoney's there. It was closed down every time I went there, but I don't know if it reopened or got torn down, or what.

There was a pirate store inside Springfield Mall, it might be gone.

There's also Jolly Roger, or maybe it's something else, now that they don't do American comics anymore. Anime Pavilion, maybe? CF knows more about it. They're in Vienna.

Edit: Owned and yet validated by my slow typing. :D

Bubbles said:
I know of at least two, but I don't know how helpful I can be. There's one that I think is called Pandora's Box. They're in the kinda-dirty stripmall near Springfield Mall. There is or was a Shoney's there. It was closed down every time I went there, but I don't know if it reopened or got torn down, or what.

http://www.pandorascube.com/
Almost forgot about Pandora's Cube. They're a bunch of Pirates, selling and renting fansubs. They've got a decent selection of Anime merchandise though. Not nearly as good as Anime Pavilion though.

There was a pirate store inside Springfield Mall, it might be gone.

Ugh. That place used to be good, but last time I was there they had nothing.

There's also Jolly Roger, or maybe it's something else, now that they don't do American comics anymore. Anime Pavilion, maybe? CF knows more about it. They're in Vienna.

They don't do American comics anymore? Where'd you hear that?

Anyway, it's the link I posted above. http://www.animepavilion.com The store may also be known as Jolly Roger Comics on the sign outside. Just use the address given on the web page.

Kittie said:
silly question but why are the A's *** out?

It's "A :" without the space that is filtered out. There was a huge problem awhile back with people making HTML scripts that made your computer constantly access your A drive when you opened the thread.

Those of us without A drives were amused ;)

Ceiling_Fan said:
They don't do American comics anymore? Where'd you hear that?

For some reason I remember Steve, or whoever the guy was, telling you that they'd severed their connection with Jolly Roger. Maybe I'm just using too much of my own merchandise. :D

Bubbles said:
For some reason I remember Steve, or whoever the guy was, telling you that they'd severed their connection with Jolly Roger. Maybe I'm just using too much of my own merchandise. :D

Steve's the guy. I suppose I did see him at the last MarsCon. I don't remember him saying that though.

Which reminds me..I need to get a good picture of my Jiji-neko so I can brag about having the cutest plushy cat ever ;)

i wonder if they're selling the cb movie on dvd yet? :p but since its fan subbed it'll probably be a lot of money if they even have it. i wish i had a dvd burner....

Mecca said:
i wonder if they're selling the cb movie on dvd yet? :p but since its fan subbed it'll probably be a lot of money if they even have it. i wish i had a dvd burner....

Anime Pavilion has a strict No-Pirating policy. You can't get fansubs there. If you want fansubs, go to Pandora's Cube.

thanks a lot, i am going to go check those places out when i get some free time on the weekend. Gotta look for more Spriggan mangas :)

Mecca said:
thanks a lot, i am going to go check those places out when i get some free time on the weekend. Gotta look for more Spriggan mangas :)

Anime Pavilion has a good import Manga selection. I'd suggest trying there first :D

I shoulda bought the complete set of Marmalade Boy when I had the chance :(

That reminds me--are we ever going to get to see the rest of Utena, or do I have to wait for Animerica Extra to catch up in the manga?

Bubbles said:
That reminds me--are we ever going to get to see the rest of Utena, or do I have to wait for Animerica Extra to catch up in the manga?

It's not slated for domestic release. The people who were releasing it stateside were morons who don't understand the concept of "Linear Story" and assumed that just the first 8 episodes or so should be enough.

If you can find it out there, go get it :D

Ok, those convention geeks were fairly scary. There was no need for that!

Be gentle. No more scary pic's please!

Sleep deprivation is taking hold, and I had a few drinks with a lady friend this afternoon, and for some reason I'm really feeling it.

Gods, I'm whining about my personal life on TW...this is your fault CF. If you hadn't started with the Anime, I never would have posted and I would have lurked quietly but nooo now I sound like z2Akuma or one of the other mutants and this sentence is running on and not making much sense...

DAMN YOU CF FOR MAKING ME POST!

:cry:

Back