ROMNEY 2012!

I understand your claim was laughable...but not as laughable as your "proof".

Obama has outraised Romney by 250k? 450k from fed depts that work for him?

Oh I gotta hear this, tell us how he's disgraced it.

Since Obama's getting more military support then Romney from the reading I've been doing around the net.

I think we can skip the "support" piece of your comment as NightTrain has taken care of that (thanks dude!). I do want to clarify that, and you won't understand this unless you have actually SERVED in the military, but it is against regulations to disobey the orders of, or even speak poorly, of the commander in chief. He is the top of your chain of command. Out of uniform you can say you want to vote for Romney, but even on your day off if you go around talking bad about Obama you can be brought up on charges under the UCMJ. I lived in those rank for 21 years...they see Obama's actions and understand them.

Did you see his speech in Fort Bliss earlier this year? The Soldiers behind him hardly clapped because they know what type of President he has been.

On to the disgraced part...

From my view, as someone who has given more to this country than most, Obama going around apologizing for America and undermining our influence is a disgrace to the office. The fact that a sitting president would notify the enemy "hey, we are calling it quits on Dec 31, 2013" limits the ability for commanders on the ground to shape their battlespace and accomplish their mission. I agree we should pull out, but do so based on conditions on the ground...not based on a calendar! If we are now scheduling wars, I want to know when the next one starts.

I could list more but you probably won't care...so there you go.

I understand your claim was laughable...but not as laughable as your "proof".

Obama has outraised Romney by 250k? 450k from fed depts that work for him?

The Dept of Labor would have donated more to Obama but they were too busy manipulating the unemployment numbers...

I think we can skip the "support" piece of your comment as NightTrain has taken care of that (thanks dude!). I do want to clarify that, and you won't understand this unless you have actually SERVED in the military, but it is against regulations to disobey the orders of, or even speak poorly, of the commander in chief. He is the top of your chain of command. Out of uniform you can say you want to vote for Romney, but even on your day off if you go around talking bad about Obama you can be brought up on charges under the UCMJ. I lived in those rank for 21 years...they see Obama's actions and understand them.

Did you see his speech in Fort Bliss earlier this year? The Soldiers behind him hardly clapped because they know what type of President he has been.

From my view, as someone who has given more to this country than most, Obama going around apologizing for America and undermining our influence is a disgrace to the office. The fact that a sitting president would notify the enemy "hey, we are calling it quits on Dec 31, 2013" limits the ability for commanders on the ground to shape their battlespace and accomplish their mission. I agree we should pull out, but do so based on conditions on the ground...not based on a calendar! If we are now scheduling wars, I want to know when the next one starts.

I am a veteran there gunny, my daughter is career military as well and I work in support of our war fighters.

So... over half the people I work with are retired military.

Ah, a kool-aid drinker of the apology tour.

Sure thing... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Nice post. I disagree with a lot of your points and conclusions but it's nice to see someone thinking seriously.

The enemy would know we are leaving whether we announce a date or not. War is a political act perhaps as much as a military one, and politically, it is ending.

LOL MasterGnr sounds like he is literally parroting Romney's debate speeches. Are you looking for work in politics dude? Is that what this is about?

over a decade and when all is said and done of the lives lost and money spent we'll only have succeeded in changing the name on the door of the leader of each county.

yeah, what a great thing ....right gunny

so you think we need to stay and shed more blood and money and end up exactly in the same place

You know our military said there was on winnable objective in 2007 right?

Just think we are approaching a decade (2013) since Bush went to that carrier with the "Mission Accomplished" banner unfurled behind him... a decade...

Not really a crack at Romney, but good God, John Sununu has got to be the least telegenic talking head of all time!

cb_john_sununu_nt_120717_wg.jpg

Droopy jowls and liver spots and double chin and bushy brows and wattle ears ... <shudder>

Back