i'd much rather wait for great

wait doesn't always correlate to great but i guess thats fate m8

it also means that sometimes great things take time to make imo

you can have something OK fast, or you can have something great if you wait

i'd much rather wait for great

wait doesn't always correlate to great but i guess thats fate m8

like so many other shows

so many sequels

i keep waiting to become disappointed because there is no way they can keep this great of writing and content up

but the longer they wait between seasons the more i have hope they are trying to. they are polishing us some gems like the first episode of season 3 already was

like so many other shows

so many sequels

i keep waiting to become disappointed because there is no way they can keep this great of writing and content up

but the longer they wait between seasons the more i have hope they are trying to. they are polishing us some gems like the first episode of season 3 already was

yeah exactly, first ep gave me so much hope and we've been disappointed so many times

i still pains me how bad Battlestar Galactica got after the first few seasons, and i waited forever for those. and so many more other failed shows :(

and like, i understand it too. its one thing to have an awesome concept, its a whole other thing to build it up properly and paced well enough to keep it interesting without blowing your wad too early. it takes a LOT of talent with everyone involved to get it right imo. if it wasn't, we'd have a million Rick and Mortys (and Back to the Futures and Aliens etc) and they wouldn't be special

if anything them leaking that first episode made me so much more patient for the rest because it looks like they succeeded in restarting the creative momentum after a long break which is hard as fuck

that is exactly how i feel

keeping all the writers/producers together and happy and in the same groove also very important for consistency.

south park was so bad this season imo.....then i find out one of the matt parker trey stone duo stayed home to raise a new kid, was letting the other guy do more of his work, and it all made more sense to me.

keep the crew.....produce quality and premium content.

quantity over quality is a disease we suffer from now.....and from new Star Wars to almost every good tv show after 3-4 seasons it shows

that is why i liked breaking bad. they had an idea in their head that they were going to stop after they told a certain story. not because the wanted to see how long they could drag out a turd for ratings. see how long they could trick people into some soap opera they had no point of doing other than seeing if they could get you to keep watching it for advertisement money

it was a very rare thing these days.

South Park creators didn't want to do the last 2 seasons, iirc. I'm sure they just let Bill Hader write whatever the fuck he wanted.

I'm sure there's an office building somewhere in China with workers literally chained to their desk working on new episodes for this show.

Back