Republican Convention and Debates are going to be awesome....

God I hope not, that would guarantee 4 more years of a Republican administration

Of course that would be nothing compared to the awful loss in life :/

The site was chosen a pretty long time ago. You guys realize this shit is planned out years in advance right?

Icey said:
The site was chosen a pretty long time ago. You guys realize this shit is planned out years in advance right?

You realize NY has been a democratic stronghold for years right?

addps4cat said:
You realize NY has been a democratic stronghold for years right?
So is every major city in the country. Unless you want to bring the convention to Jacksonville, FL or Dallas or something, you're going to find a democratic stronghold in every city large enough to hold such a convention. It won't keep the conservatives from showing up in droves.

Please name a city outside of Texas, with sufficient name recognition and facilities, that could host the RNC.

Icey said:
So is every major city in the country. Unless you want to bring the convention to Jacksonville, FL or Dallas or something, you're going to find a democratic stronghold in every city large enough to hold such a convention. It won't keep the conservatives from showing up in droves.

Please name a city outside of Texas, with sufficient name recognition and facilities, that could host the RNC.
San Diego
Atlanta
Denver

first cities that come to mind

The debates will be great only because kerry and edwards will own the competition in all regards. The rnc will suck ass though.

orbital 123 said:
The debates will be great only because kerry and edwards will own the competition in all regards. The rnc will suck ass though.
You grossly overestimate the speaking abilities of a trial lawyer and a five term do-nothing senator.

Icey said:
You grossly overestimate the speaking abilities of a trial lawyer and a five term do-nothing senator.

That is such and ignorant and partisan statement that I won't even bother refuting it, it's not worth my time.

I have been watching all 4 candidates speak for months Icey, and I don't think you could be further off the mark. As Jon Stewart said, Dick Cheney is the personification of the word "grumble." That debate is going to be very interesting.

orbital 123 said:
That is such and ignorant and partisan statement that I won't even bother refuting it, it's not worth my time.
You've said many a time that all of America is not worth your time, and yet it continues to be the only real focus of your life. Lord knows you're not focused on moving out of your parents' basement, finding quality employment or getting the attention of a woman, much less having a relationship with one.

orbital 123 said:

Yeah, Kerry just oozes personality. He's a regular live-wire, and I'm sure he'll dominate. Unless of course he's asked to state or defend his position on, well, anything.

I just can't wait for a new batch of Bush-isms. When he's speaking off the cuff, you can expect a neologism, fooked up saying, or completely misused word every 20 seconds or so.

Queer times, when these guys are our "best" choices. I just wonder how long we got until a pack of visigoths ride in and set fire to DC ;)

Waidan said:
Queer times, when these guys are our "best" choices. I just wonder how long we got until a pack of visigoths ride in and set fire to DC ;)

visigothDC.jpg

Icey said:
Yes, last January was a loooooooooooong ass time ago :rolleyes:

Q: WHY AND HOW WAS NYC SELECTED FOR THE CONVENTION?

On January 31, 2003, the Republican National Committee (RNC) announced the selection of New York City as the host city for the 2004 GOP Convention. The city was selected by a unanimous vote of the RNC's 165 members because New York offered the best package of goods and services - including the convention complex, hotels, venues and event funding, to name a few.

They left out the part where they say "this venue also allows us to bask in September 11"

Thank God I'm leaving NYC to go college hunting during the convention. Maybe I'll flee to Maine for a few days... :D

They chose New York because they figure "why spread the terrorist targets around?"

Fool said:
They chose New York because they figure "why spread the terrorist targets around?"
GWB is perhaps the greatest thing that ever could have happened for the terrorists. They wouldn't dream of killing off their best recruiter.

noyeti said:
GWB is perhaps the greatest thing that ever could have happened for the terrorists. They wouldn't dream of killing off their best recruiter.
I'm sure bin Laden will dispair when we start our "more sensitive war on terrorism" under Kerry. :rolleyes:

Nuke the Afghan/Pakistan borderlands and have done with it.

Back