remember T:V devs, this mentality = bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evita

Veteran XV
ya screw it, reinsert post:

Just a quick note for the T:V devs. I ran across this statement on a forum about Tribes AA.

Some of the "elite" cappers are no longer dominating the games by themselves. Now they actually require *teamwork* to get the job done.

The turrets are mutha to get down... which is good. There's no reason a light should be able to stroll up blast 15 or so plasma bolts and take down your defense.

That's what our game had devolved into. A few guys running around in a light winning games all by themselves.

Not anymore. Call your buddies... you'll need *help* now. Instead of chase the fagtard around the map all match it's, how many missles can I ram up his a**.

If I want that, I can go play Planetside.

Every game has a learning curve, newbs just have to deal with it.
I mean, if I go play basically any RTS game out right now, im gonna get smoked! Why? My time has gone into Tribes. While others have put their time into Warcraft 3. I dont think Blizzard should screw Warcraft 4 just because I never played the others and they want me to buy their game and not get upset when the vets own me. And vice-versa.

Just a simple request to please keep T:V gameplay closer to T1 than T2. I like knowing me or another SINGLE player can jump into a pub and turn a match around.

This countrys' history is based on individualism, so our games should be. :dapimp:

Last edited:
And another thing, not everyone is part of a team. In fact, I'm pretty sure that most people would prefer not playing in a team and instead playing solo which is one of the things where T2 went wrong e.g. the bomber.

But also in my opinion, the only way that we'll see Tribes1 again is if we start seeing Tribes as how it would have been before all the discoveries e.g. skiing and mine disking etc. It's not pressing the jump key a million times that evolved skiing. No, there's more than one element that made skiing posible. Everything that T1 was capable of doing and built for is why there's skiing in T1 and I feel that the same needs to be done to T:V to finally bring the "T1 with better graphics" and a some extras so to add to the challenge that every t1 vet remembers from T1.

working together is a huge pain in the ass in a pub
in the beta for planetside it could easily take half an hour to get a group of ppl together to go kill some shit in the sanct

i luved T1............

i luv T2 base, classic, doesnt matter............

i'll luv T3, er V or whatever..........

let the devs do there thing..........

i feel the "yep screwed up another tribes title" army allready forming.

blasphemy from the un-pure............

you mean u play other games???????????????????????

since '99 i have played no other........

except the zelda series on console. lol

Njal Storm said:
blasphemy from the un-pure............

you mean u play other games???????????????????????

since '99 i have played no other........

except the zelda series on console. lol

Pfft, the real hardcore fans started with Earthsiege!

ouch locke

didnt know someone out there actually thought ill of me.

guess ya cant be liked by everyone.

didnt mean to come off wrong in my post, just have been hearing alot of t2 players whining about stuff in irc lately, kinda got to me.

figured you of all people would have agreed.

guess not.

you removed your post over 1 comment by locke? you could have reworded some things, yeah, but edit it out completely, meh...

i actually agreed with you, but arent you overreacting a bit to a comment by 1 guy who means nothing really?

and thats absurd to think everyone will like u. its absurd for anyone in general to think everyone likes them. hell, i thought u were annoying in a pub. get a spine. no offense tho :)

Last edited:
nah, I have a terrible way with words. My wife has been telling me that for 8 years now.

Look forward to a great game from ya Irrational.

edit: I got plenty of spine bro. heh. I just dont usually talk with alot of people because something usually goes wrong. Im not a very socialable type of guy. I guess I still think people should only say to a person what they would say to them in real life. I have given people that opportunity face to face 'after the fact', and they are totally different (as usual). Ive been a member of this community for 5 years now, you'd think that Id be use to it by now.

And I figured locke was a respectable player/person in this community, at least ive always thought so. I figured if thats what he thought of me, then whatever.

Now im wondering what I did to annoy you in a pub. Thinking...Thinking...

Last edited:
:(

i suck with words too, but ive tried to get better. i used to say "we" alot when i was really speaking for myself, its a bad habit but u can catch if u try to be conscious about how people will percieve what your saying. its tough if u arent a good communicator in general, but people can still get the jist of what your sayin. dont let anyone stop u from giving your opinion, u can try to improve the way you tell others about it, or just tell them to fuck off. :shrug:

heh, it was probably something to do with stacked defense on RC or something. i probably went to O snipe cuz u guys were pissin me off and u said something about it, hehe.

Last edited:
evita, locke is just a pissy vagina, don't sweat it. He's about as respected as the tissue I wipe my ass with (i do respect that tissue a decent amount)

Evita said:
ouch locke

didnt know someone out there actually thought ill of me.

guess ya cant be liked by everyone.

didnt mean to come off wrong in my post, just have been hearing alot of t2 players whining about stuff in irc lately, kinda got to me.

figured you of all people would have agreed.

guess not.

sorry. I agree with most of your idea, but the way you almost demand it, especially of a group of people who know what they are doing, and throw it out on the forums using 'we' almost every sentence, is retarded.

T w i z t i D said:
evita, locke is just a pissy vagina, don't sweat it. He's about as respected as the tissue I wipe my ass with (i do respect that tissue a decent amount)

I am not sure if this is supposed to be an insult or a compliment. Going on the assumption that it is an insult, I am crying right now that people on TW dont respect me. I TRIED SO HARD FOR ALL OF YOUR LOVE!!!

ya, thats how I worded it wrong. The frustration in the post is directed at the T1-hating-T2-players. Not Irrational.

Blotter - you O sniping n00b! jk

I think thats a compliment from my ole pal Twiz. TP > Sliced bread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back