PS3, where the fuck are the games??

Hit

Contributor
Veteran XV
K so,

I bought my first console since the original Nintendo a few months ago so I could play GTA. After I beat it, I haven't used it for anything other then a blue ray player - which fine by me because I was too damn busy.

But now, I'm looking to buy some games and there doesn't seem to be ANYTHING worthwhile out there. I downloaded some demos from the ps3 online store, looked through amazon.. and nothing. Not a damn fucking interesting or worthwhile game to be bought. Am I missing something or are there really no good games out for a damn console??

wtf are you talking about? there are plenty of awesome games out for the ps3, like Metal Gear Solid 4, and... um...

I only bought a PS3 for MGS4 and am only keeping it around for future MG(S?).

Really? It's actually a game worth buying? I was reading somewhere that MGS4 would be the last game of the series. Snake is pretty old.

great thanks, please notice I said good games.

Even metal gear solid 4, after watching the trailer and gameplay videos, didn't excite me enough to want to buy the game. I'm not really into the football/basketball/golf games. There doesn't even seem to be a good fighting game out for the system. :shrug:

I bought a couple busted PS3's off eBay to fix and flip recently... and went out and bought MGS4. It is actually pretty fun. Although I haven't touched it in like a week after playing it for 3-4 hours the first day I got it, so :shrug:

The short answer is, there aren't any really good games for the PS3, (PS3 exclusives anyways) and there aren't really any decent ones coming in the near future either. So unless you really wanted a Blu-Ray player, you probably should have bought an xbox 360.

great thanks, please notice I said good games.

Even metal gear solid 4, after watching the trailer and gameplay videos, didn't excite me enough to want to buy the game. I'm not really into the football/basketball/golf games. There doesn't even seem to be a good fighting game out for the system. :shrug:

soul caliber 4 is out, and all the games are coming out during holiday season, so like wait.

Really? It's actually a game worth buying? I was reading somewhere that MGS4 would be the last game of the series. Snake is pretty old.

It's going to be the last game where Snake is a character, but not the last of the franchise. They've said they're done with the current storyline, just considering whether or not the next one will have new characters or old ones(not Snake).

I don't know if it's worth buying for gameplay alone, definitely if you're a fan though.

grand theft auto 4, metal gear solid 4, uncharted drakes fortune, heavenly sword, motorstorm, ratchet and clank, soul calibur 4, battlefield bad company, call of duty 4, devil may cry 4, warhawk, gran turismo 5 prologue, ninja gaiden sigma, resistance (and 2 coming soon), oblivion, grid

i played killzone 2 at e3 and it's looking pretty fucking stellar

there are some okay games for the ps3 now

but i think u made the wrong decision with your purchase if u actually wanted to enjoy your console for its game playing abilities

MGS4, Folklore, Warhawk, GTA4, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, DMC4, Condemed 2, The Darkness, DBZ:Burstlimit, Battlefield,

Heavenly Sword was pretty good, as was CoD4. Otherwise I use it as a Bluray player!

I hate sports games too btw, which is half the library. But, unlike you I also have a 360 so I don't mind.

I don't game all that much, like I said the PS3 is my first console since Nintendo.
CoD4 I enjoyed on PC.

There is a Mercenaries 2 game that looks pretty good coming out in a week or so. Also, after reading some reviews I think I'll have to try Heavenly Sword.

I've read that you can finish Heavenly Sword in what? 5 hours? Good game but more of a rental.

I loved mercenaries 1.

Check out Unchartered Drakes fortune.

Back