Post WOTLK Powerful Classes?

You must be a bad tank
nope.

if you know anything about the fight, when he throws everybody up into the air sometimes the tank has to sit there out of range.

additionally, he lock ports back down and is completely unaffected during that phase. i lose ground, he gains ground.

Last edited:
Hey Bryan !
That's pretty awesome. I have read a bit about nice pve lock dps but that was offset by certain other discussions. No matter, glad to hear about this guy in t7.

Personally I don't really pve all that much (i.e. never joined a guild), so I've been quite disappointed by the expansion.
Yeah, he's an affliction lock and basically watches a timer so all his dots don't fall off. I can't imagine it'd be that much fun :p.

locks are definitely not the suck in pve.

i pugged 10-man malygos the other day and this lock was pulling in well over 4k dps and we had to have our 2 pallies rotate their hand of salv on him in addition to his shatter for me to hold threat with vigilance on him already.

granted he's 4/5 t7.5 and t7 helm + whatever else but he raped everybody on the dps meters by a long shot.

First off, Malygos is hardly a good indication of someone's dps, especially a lock. Double stack of the damage buff and the ability to dot up the every scion and lords in p2 gives them a pretty nice advantage in the fight.

They can also use demonic circle to port down and continue to damage and not be hassled by the vortex (going up and down/moving, re-adjusting position after).

That, and the tank is either really bad or the said warlock is not specced properly.

Phase 1 of Malygos is shitty for tanking, you don't get the bonus to damage that everyone else gets, he has to constantly be moved, and the vortex kills the threat rotation, I can get a few hits on him while in vortex but the locks get to use the demonic circle and keep their dots up. Once phase 1 is done there is only a couple of mobs that can be tanked with melee.

I just repeated what Terra said pretty much, now if that same lock can over threat a tank on patchwork I would say there is something seriously shitty in the tanking.

Phase 1 of Malygos is shitty for tanking, you don't get the bonus to damage that everyone else gets, he has to constantly be moved, and the vortex kills the threat rotation, I can get a few hits on him while in vortex but the locks get to use the demonic circle and keep their dots up. Once phase 1 is done there is only a couple of mobs that can be tanked with melee.

I just repeated what Terra said pretty much, now if that same lock can over threat a tank on patchwork I would say there is something seriously shitty in the tanking.
normally, i would agree with you but the disparity wasn't something you expect with all that. it was much more than normal.

normally, i would agree with you but the disparity wasn't something you expect with all that. it was much more than normal.

It is the mechanics of the fight, period. I can do pretty similar DPS to a locks, especially if we tank him on the edge and drop the sparks in the middle.

In fact, I do more damage than the lock in P1. I don't even need to teleport or shit. Just killing spree right before he vortexes. While everyone else is spinning around, I'm literally beating the balls out of him with 100%+ bonus damage.

The good news is I have vanish.

Last edited:
Hey Bryan !
That's pretty awesome. I have read a bit about nice pve lock dps but that was offset by certain other discussions. No matter, glad to hear about this guy in t7.

Personally I don't really pve all that much (i.e. never joined a guild), so I've been quite disappointed by the expansion.

Well, if you had been much of a PvE'er at all, you would still be quite disappointed. Naxx and Obsidian sanctum are laughable compared to previous raid content. There are guilds that couldn't get 2 bosses down in Sunwell running full clears of Naxx25 with relatively little problem.

Well, if you had been much of a PvE'er at all, you would still be quite disappointed. Naxx and Obsidian sanctum are laughable compared to previous raid content. There are guilds that couldn't get 2 bosses down in Sunwell running full clears of Naxx25 with relatively little problem.

This is true. Ulduar is supposed to be way more challenging, but right now the server rankings are based on "whoever can get 25 people first to 80."

If you did any Naxx pre-bc, you'll laugh.

The aggro wipe is not buggy. Staying vanished while projectiles fly at you may break it. But you wipe aggro, so in PvE, it is not a concern.

It's more fun in PvP. I wonder if that fixed that bug where pets ordered to attack will still see through your Maybe and not drop aggro. That pissed the crap out of me on my rogue, but she's alliance and probably won't play her much anymore.

Or sometimes when you hit CoS and Maybe sometimes you get popped out of it for inexplicable reasons. Combat log never helps, just says you gain vanish, you gain stealth, vanish fades, stealth fades.

It's more fun in PvP. I wonder if that fixed that bug where pets ordered to attack will still see through your Maybe and not drop aggro. That pissed the crap out of me on my rogue, but she's alliance and probably won't play her much anymore.

Or sometimes when you hit CoS and Maybe sometimes you get popped out of it for inexplicable reasons. Combat log never helps, just says you gain vanish, you gain stealth, vanish fades, stealth fades.

nope. thats the only advantage i have on my lock (the bug) is to click on your and send the pet before you go stealth. otherwise, locks get tore up in pvp (but for the short time that i do live in BG's, i top the dps charts :D).

nope. thats the only advantage i have on my lock (the bug) is to click on your and send the pet before you go stealth. otherwise, locks get tore up in pvp (but for the short time that i do live in BG's, i top the dps charts :D).

Well that I'm kinda glad I don't play my rogue anymore, that bug sucks simply because 1. It's unavoidable and 2. All the pet owner needs to do is hit CTRL-1 for attack and leave it be, the pet will find the rogue eventually.

I remember doing that with a Demon lock in STV when I was 70. Felguard was out, I CoS'd, Maybe'd, and sprinted. I think I got maybe 150 - 200 yards before I turned around to see the felguard smack me in the face with it's axe.

They did this last expansion too and I think they'll do it every expansion. They start it out with easy content and end with hard.

Well that I'm kinda glad I don't play my rogue anymore, that bug sucks simply because 1. It's unavoidable and 2. All the pet owner needs to do is hit CTRL-1 for attack and leave it be, the pet will find the rogue eventually.

I remember doing that with a Demon lock in STV when I was 70. Felguard was out, I CoS'd, Maybe'd, and sprinted. I think I got maybe 150 - 200 yards before I turned around to see the felguard smack me in the face with it's axe.

yea, it does suck. hopefully it gets fixed. but until it does, at least i have some surviveability against rogues :D.

Back