Post WOTLK Powerful Classes?

never played. i have war3 but i dont know what dota is

think of it as a microcosm of wow played from a birds eye view. there are mobs, classes, items, merchants, xp/leveling. there are 93 classes (heroes) to pick from, each has 4+ unique abilities (items add further abilities). its usually played 5v5. the goal is to penetrate the other team's town and destroy the key building. mobs spawn from each town and battle each other midway, they serve as a meatshield against enemy heroes and turrets and a target of certain spells.

the map size is that of a medium war3 map.

its also 8+ years in development and heavily balanced.

official site: DotA-Allstars.com - Welcome download from latest map link.

I've never actually played DOTA, but of course hear about it all the time. Do you have to have a legit copy of war3 + tft to play it online?

Edit: And yeah, WoW pvp is a fucking joke. If you're playing WoW for pvp, you must be a masochist or in deep denial.

Last edited:
ya i was unfortunately in denial for the first 4 seasons :(

and ya, you need a legit war3+tft. however i heard you can get around it through hamachi and still play on bnet, but its too much of a hassle to bother with.

Last edited:
WOW PVP SUCKS DAOC OLD FRONTIERS BITCHES WHAT

5V5 JOKE

8V8 SERIOUS HARDCORE REST OF YALL NIGGAS JUST FRONTIN

8VZERG ALMOST AS HARDCORE REST OF YALL NIGGAS HELLA FRONTIN

(i don't even know what arena is like atm. i haven't played wow in over a month cause of my connection. i hear it's horrible though)

Dota was a great game and i played it for ages, but now i cant stand it. There's a bunch of overpowered heroes and a bunch of overpowered items. I go the same items every game with no variation, b/c there is a set of THE BEST items. The rest of them have no point. And the game has so much CC its retarded. Not the most fun being stunlocked from full hp to 0 or double hexed and killed full hp to 0. Of course in WoW the same can happen, but Dota has gotten boring for me.

Dota was a great game and i played it for ages, but now i cant stand it. There's a bunch of overpowered heroes and a bunch of overpowered items. I go the same items every game with no variation, b/c there is a set of THE BEST items. The rest of them have no point. And the game has so much CC its retarded. Not the most fun being stunlocked from full hp to 0 or double hexed and killed full hp to 0. Of course in WoW the same can happen, but Dota has gotten boring for me.

Your name fits here.

In response to the OP:

Mage, DK, Pali

I play a warlock. We have been nerfed in every respect since the WOTLK patch. We are suck in pve and pvp, virtually none of the top 50 arena teams of any bracket on any battlegroup have a warlock.

My only chance against the above classes (well no chance against a mage or pali really) is that I surprise them with massive damage (I'm destro) and they panic.

locks are definitely not the suck in pve.

i pugged 10-man malygos the other day and this lock was pulling in well over 4k dps and we had to have our 2 pallies rotate their hand of salv on him in addition to his shatter for me to hold threat with vigilance on him already.

granted he's 4/5 t7.5 and t7 helm + whatever else but he raped everybody on the dps meters by a long shot.

locks are definitely not the suck in pve.

i pugged 10-man malygos the other day and this lock was pulling in well over 4k dps and we had to have our 2 pallies rotate their hand of salv on him in addition to his shatter for me to hold threat with vigilance on him already.

granted he's 4/5 t7.5 and t7 helm + whatever else but he raped everybody on the dps meters by a long shot.

Hey Bryan !
That's pretty awesome. I have read a bit about nice pve lock dps but that was offset by certain other discussions. No matter, glad to hear about this guy in t7.

Personally I don't really pve all that much (i.e. never joined a guild), so I've been quite disappointed by the expansion.

Last edited:
Back