[pics] Panoramas and other 'assembled' images for your enjoyment

I've only recently started trying panoramas. I think the technique is very useful even if you don't want the wide effect. It almost allows you to fake having a camera with more megapixels (like the gigapixel images).

This was taken from the south peak of Seneca Rocks.

Last edited:
Sweet! I like that.

I'm thinking that next year, I should take an external "reticle", to shoot a 2 x 2 grid cleanly with my tripod. I could make something out of wire. Has to be super lightweight. I'll have to think about that.

You don't need anything like a tripod or external reticle really, as long as the images overlap Autostitch will do an amazing job combining them. A tripod would help a little, but the external reticle is most definitely overkill.

You don't need anything like a tripod or external reticle really, as long as the images overlap Autostitch will do an amazing job combining them. A tripod would help a little, but the external reticle is most definitely overkill.

You are correct, but the reticle would definitely help me minimize overlap and keep my frames straight and level. Especially if I try to do larger grids (like 3 x 4).

Back