[PC] Help me build a new PC

Or you can just get a 6850 and overclock it to reach 6870's performance easily. :D

I tend to avoid recommending stuff like that because a person asking to rate their build probably isn't an avid overclocker and would more than likely fuck something up if they tried.

I keep the overclocking for myself instead :D

considering you can just do it within CCC and every 6850 is able to hit the max CCC overclock limit of 850MHz, I don't see it as a problem.

Most 6850s can hit 950-1000Mhz with voltage tweak too and exceed 6870 performance easily.

I tend to avoid recommending stuff like that because a person asking to rate their build probably isn't an avid overclocker and would more than likely fuck something up if they tried.

I keep the overclocking for myself instead :D
Awww you think I'm bad at computers. Lol.

I'm just taking advantage of the fact that there are people more knowledgeable about current benchmarks and price points than I am since I don't keep up with them. It saves me from doing a lot of research.

Still, thanks for the feedback :heart:.

Right now the only cards worth recommending are the GTX 460 1GB and HD6850, they can both overclock extremely well. GTX 470 is not worth it simply due to how much power it draws and how much heat it generates. HD6870 isn't bad too if you want to spend the extra money.

But yea, kinda funny prices on both 6850 and 6870 went up by like $20 since they came out.

considering you can just do it within CCC and every 6850 is able to hit the max CCC overclock limit of 850MHz, I don't see it as a problem.

Most 6850s can hit 950-1000Mhz with voltage tweak too and exceed 6870 performance easily.

and you could do the same thing with the 6870. So fucking what? Overclocking has always been this way, the 6870 has 160 more stream processors than the 6850.

And OP: Your list fucking sucks. The i7 in 1366 just isnt worth the money. Neither is triple channel, its all just a money pit with next to no gains for the massive price increase.

and you could do the same thing with the 6870. So fucking what? Overclocking has always been this way, the 6870 has 160 more stream processors than the 6850.

And OP: Your list fucking sucks. The i7 in 1366 just isnt worth the money. Neither is triple channel, its all just a money pit with next to no gains for the massive price increase.

The 6850 can easily attain a 200MHz overclock while the 6870 is usually 100Mhz max, yea no shit you can do it too to the 6870, but the return value on it is much lower considering the $60 price difference. I am just saying 6850 is a better value.

Back