[NFL] Harbaugh to Niners

I watched every Stanford game this season and can't recall Harbaugh ever screaming at a player. He got in one guy's face during the Orange Bowl after the dude leveled a Tech defender long after the whistle. That's about it.

Harbaugh is smart enough to turn the rah-rah stuff on/off when necessary.

no question Harbaugh is an excellent coach

that doesn't mean he'll win in the NFL as a lot of things have to go right but it's certainly a good start

and I feel for Michigan. They need to get it together in a hurry or be left behind

elite kids these days don't care about tradition as much as exposure and warm weather it seems

i don't like michigan and many of their fans are sadly represented by mouthbreathers like leetdemon, but college football is better with michigan being a top 10 team so i hope they can turn it around

It was December, 1991. PFT was just a glint in Florio’s eye, and I was six years away from being born.

Jim Harbaugh, Bears quarterback, announced to the world he had a score to settle after losing 52-14 to the 49ers.

“I`ll live to avenge this game-as a player, as a coach, whatever,” Harbaugh told the Chicago Tribune. “I plan to get revenge somehow.”

More than 16 years later, Harbaugh will get his chance as 49ers head coach.

All he has to do is perform like the previous three 49ers coaches.

(Thanks to the PFT readers that emailed us the link. You guys are the best.)

new plan! lol

three basic steps should enable the 49ers to get "Lucky":

1. Do not petition the league for early entry before the NFL Draft deadline but are ineligible for the upcoming college season.

As a Redshirt Sophomore Andrew Luck is draft eligible because he is three years removed from high school. Luck hasn't submitted his name and only has until January 15th. Provided he goes to Deion Sanders' house with Dez Bryant, and then lies about it, he will be deemed ineligible by precedence. Or he could just hire an agent.

2. Teams with six wins or less participate in the first lottery for the top supplemental draft picks.

The 49ers were 6-10 is 2010.

3. Each team submits to the league the name of the player(s) they are interested in, as well as the round of the supplemental draft they would like to choose them in. The team that submits the highest bid is awarded rights to the player.

After April's draft teams with glaring QB needs (Carolina, Buffalo, Cincinnati and Arizona) would have drafted their new "franchise quarterback" via Gabbert, Newton, Mallett, Locker, Dalton, Ponder, etc

i don't like michigan and many of their fans are sadly represented by mouthbreathers like leetdemon, but college football is better with michigan being a top 10 team so i hope they can turn it around

Yeah?

Every dog has their day!

NCAA watchdogs put a stop to "bidness as usual"
at a whole bunch of major schools except for TEXAS.
( They were just inexperienced.)

.... Watch next year!

Look at what happened to the Cowboys.
..... Terrel Owens leaving upset the psyche of the team.
( he was a "Michael Irvine" type of guy. Junkyard Dog mentality!

.....Watch next year.
( the Cowboys coulda had "da Dog Fighter"!)

Boy that woulda lit a fire under Tony Romo! :signed:

It would have been nice if they could have really ruined it for everybody and given out a completely gonzo contract like they did with big Alex.

That said they just played one of the easiest schedules imaginable and got 6 wins (4 from their arena league division)

No coach can fix how bad they are. They need to trade away every player over 28 that has any value and hope that in 3 years they can field an NFL team.

Back