[NFL] Harbaugh to Niners

Jim Harbaugh is an unproven quantity as a head coach in the big leagues. How can you say things like bring back the 80s?

He's another coach that likes to scream at his players and act like an asshole to the media. Different face same Ditka-influenced meatheadiness. That shit don't work in the pros.

Another thing that cracks me up is when coaches get asked questions about if they are leaving or not and they get shitty with the media. They might as well just admit they're leaving then.

He's another coach that likes to scream at his players and act like an asshole to the media. Different face same Ditka-influenced meatheadiness. That shit don't work in the pros.

Another thing that cracks me up is when coaches get asked questions about if they are leaving or not and they get shitty with the media. They might as well just admit they're leaving then.
singletary screaming at players had little or nothing to do with him not performing well as an NFL head coach. rather, his lack of understanding x's & o's, being clueless in terms of when to and when not to force his playing mentality on players rather than playing a style that worked with the players' strengths, as well as some of the worst clock management this side of les miles made singletary fail in the NFL as a head coach.

for being one of the greatest defensive players in football history and a supposed great motivator of men, the talent laden 49ers defense the past few years looked like an absolute joke a lot of the time with inexcusable coverage breakdowns and penalties

that alone was worth firing Singeltary

singletary screaming at players had little or nothing to do with him not performing well as an NFL head coach. rather, his lack of understanding x's & o's, being clueless in terms of when to and when not to force his playing mentality on players rather than playing a style that worked with the players' strengths, as well as some of the worst clock management this side of les miles made singletary fail in the NFL as a head coach.

I think him screaming at players showcased his lack of understanding and made his players and management embarrassed to be associated with him. I think you're right about Singletary not knowing shit but I don't think that team needs another intense screamy guy even if he knows his x's and o's. Harbaugh just seems like another John Gruden to me.

Rich Rodriguez was such an epically bad hire.

That's not just hindsight speaking either. Michigan was a perennial top 10-15 team with a pro style offense. Why on Earth would you fire your coach and replace him with a guy from the Big East who uses a totally different offense that requires a complete overhaul of offensive personnel? So stupid. They got what they deserved.

Back