News: Marweas Parts from Vivendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear people who dont like me flaming diamondback,

I know what he did in T2. I know what dave did in t2. Yes, dave fucked up t2 much more than diamondback. However, diamondback's maps sucked ass. I spent many days on the t2 beta forums arguing with BOTH dave and diamondback about how shitty the big maps were, and how the long travel times were no fun. I added in the "UE" because of diamondback's message (which i quoted), not because I felt he was the reason for them being in the game.

So please.. shut the fuckup.

edit: btw.. ratedZ owns

Last edited:
Colosus said:
Ok. I love Meddish, but I would just like to point out that I can make a map that would UE you on every load.

That would require an error in the code to produce the final result, however.

And Locke, dave g ordered the T2 mappers to make the maps like they did. It wasn't their decision. Archepeligo is a prime example. He made the mappers edit their maps so that they actively hindered skiing.

Is Archipelago still played in T2 at all, or did it go the way of Scarabrae?
That was actually a fun map in base, considering you couldn't ski.

drumax is right. if i was scr8pin - a normal, unexposed outsider to tribalwar, an average joe - and i got his job and stuck my head in here to say hi because thrax mentioned it might be a good idea... id take one look around at the shitstorm that ensued from the screwed up monsters that live here, and then id get out sharpish and never come back, and chuckle to myself whenever tribalwar gets mentioned.

judging by his absence, thats exactly what hes done. sounds like a sensible chap to me. he wins my vote, not that he has to give a toss about that.

Hobbiticus said:
And Locke, dave g ordered the T2 mappers to make the maps like they did. It wasn't their decision. Archepeligo is a prime example. He made the mappers edit their maps so that they actively hindered skiing.

I thought i made this clear. If i had arguments with diamondback about why maps shouldn't be as large as they were (during the t2 beta), and i was arguing that they need to be smaller.. guess what he was arguing for? Most people who dont want to do something dont turn around and argue why it is good.

Notice how I have no problem with Rated Z.

red_hex said:
id take one look around at the shitstorm that ensued from the screwed up monsters that live here, and then id get out sharpish and never come back, and chuckle to myself whenever tribalwar gets mentioned.

judging by his absence, thats exactly what hes done. sounds like a sensible chap to me. he wins my vote, not that he has to give a toss about that.
It's Beren reincarnated as an Englishman!

Fool said:
We're the loyalists. We know the game best. Is that conceited? Sure, but that doesn't make us wrong.

I agree completely, I am loyal to Tribes, its the only game I have ever played for more than a few months. I dont think people here are wrong, many have some great ideas and when it comes to Tribes I think there are some people here who know and are right and have good ideas. Its the way some go about it. I dont htink a person needs to go through a 'hazing' process and put up with snotty insulting kids or kid like adults to be concidered okay to pass. I was stating that he doesnt have to give a flying fuck what the people at TW think of him nor does he have to put up with senseless insulting childish behavior...he can just go elsewhere...which would suck. We still have thrax though :)

That's fine, and everybody is entitled to their own opinion. I'm just stating facts. Though I do remember diamondback making a lot of smaller maps as well. Also, If, at the time, as you say, diamondback liked larger maps, why not talk to other mappers that might share your opinion? People don't generally change their opinions by having someone else yelling at them. Just because one mapper liked large maps doesn't mean he ruined the game.

*sigh* .. why am i replying to this.

It is my opinion that diamondback argued with me that larger maps and longer traveltimes are "fun", especially when compared to shorter travel times with more action? WTF?

Listen.. i made many threads in beta saying "long travel times are not fun". First 2 posters in those would be dave g and diamondback, then pubknight would come in to agree with me and the 4 of us would go in circles. He argued for and helped make (even if you want to say he was an unwilling slave) a game that is not fun. That is why, as i said, he shouldn't be working for dynamix anymore. I am not looking for maps.. not going to ask another mapper (tho at the time i did talk to ratedz a lot).

I am done talking about this.

Did you talk to him in person at UVaLan? I got an entirely different impression at that point.....he felt a lot different after he was out from under the Georgeson yoke and able to speak his mind. Hell, he even did a map just for the LAN that was short and balanced....even if it sucked anyway it was an example of the work he enjoyed the most.

Locke355 said:
I thought i made this clear. If i had arguments with diamondback about why maps shouldn't be as large as they were (during the t2 beta), and i was arguing that they need to be smaller.. guess what he was arguing for? Most people who dont want to do something dont turn around and argue why it is good.

Notice how I have no problem with Rated Z.

I wouldn't be surpised if Dave G. held most of the developers at gun point though, from what I've heard at least.

xgalaxy said:
Yea... except no...

Dynamix used to do this on a daily basis. They are the only one's who truly cared. The worst thing Dynamix ever did was let themselves be bought by a company such as Sierra and ultimately Vivendi. Such a shame for such a great company as Dynamix to no longer be in business because of corporate greed and poor management.

Yea but they haven't been a part of the equation for a few years bud, there' time has came and went.

I'm talking about present tense xgalaxy, Marweas still fits the bill, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back