News: Marweas Parts from Vivendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we play a game called guess Scr8pin's picture?

Michael Cowan

Cowan.jpg

030918navy.jpg

cowan_mich.99-11-08.180.jpg

In the middle

B-Grade-podium.jpg

cowanm.jpg

Top left

grouph.jpg

mikec.jpg

Registered offender ... so prolly not.

MitchellVG1.jpg

Which one is you scr8pin?

Scorpion said:
beeep, error. no matter how stupid people are you need to keep calm representing something "official". didn´t they teach you that? either way, it´s pretty common sense in my eyes anyway.
I'm the happy exception to that rule. You'll get over it.

Iced said:
killerone, I am not sure I understand where you are coming from.. those of us with concerns are mainly concerned that Scra8pin will just simply Scrape by, and not go the extra mile to ensure TV is a rockin game and not just something he can sell.

comprende?

I was referring to Fool's post where he's asking Scr8pin for specific things he'd like in T:V, wants it bug free, etc..

As a Marketing person, he (Sc8pin) can't really do anything about that. He can "ask" for it. But honestly, Ed/Micheal/Chris are top of the dev heap of the T:V team.. i dont' think Scr8pin even fits under that umbrella. So he can be nothing more than an Advocate which is all we are (he does probably have atleast an inside track (email/vmail to Ed/Micheal/Chris). But, he (Scr8pin) can't make the game bug free or fast.

I'm sure he will go the extra mile to ease our tensions, tell us what we want to hear, make sure we atleast "think" everything is going to be ok. But ultimately, I would imagine, he his very little hold on what T:V will become as a finished product.

I don't wanna sound harsh, just trying to be realistic. Scr8pin (as Marweas was) will be a great "insider rep" that we can all talk to hang out, tell him what we hate and like, etc. Gives us a real person to interact with that is close to the "source" of the great game we love. This is the biggest role, I think both Marweas played and Scr8pin will fill.

However, with Thrax and other Irrational team frequently visiting the Tribes Talk forum, I don't know that Scr8pin CAN provide with Marweas did. When Marweas was around, that was all we had as a REAL connection to Sierra/Tribes. All the other Dev's were fired. We were alone, frustrated and scared. Someone had to be there to confort us, and he was. His name was Alex. He single handedly brought this community to T:V. Mostly because of his persistent presence, reassuring attitude and a "face" to keep us focused till the next Tribes game. Marketing wise, he did exactly what he is supposed to do. Keep the "market" interested in buying more Tribes titles.

My take anyway. :)

I wasn't asking for him to take care of that stuff, just trying to explain why we at TW behave the way we do. It's not because we're assholes (ok so we're not only assholes), but because we want all the elements that we loved about in T1 that were gone in T2. We're disgruntled.

Fool said:
I wasn't asking for him to take care of that stuff, just trying to explain why we at TW behave the way we do. It's not because we're assholes (ok so we're not only assholes), but because we want all the elements that we loved about in T1 that were gone in T2. We're disgruntled.

:rawr:

Hobbiticus said:
I'd also like to know how mappers cause UEs...
Ok. I love Meddish, but I would just like to point out that I can make a map that would UE you on every load.

naw, its the assholes thing, that and being full of ourselves and thinking this guy even needs to be here talking to us. Trial by fire :lol: the funny part is when people start talking like TW is some kind of harrowing place that would break someone or something or that the constant litany of sarcasm and insults would scare anyone besides a teenager with an inferiority complex. Its a forum full of forum whore gamers some that think this game depends on them alone or that being a brash cock makes them somehow special...its not the spanish inquisition. Glare just got mad that people turned their sycophant fawning onto someone other than the guy who goatse'd the other guy :lol:

welcome to the new guy (hope you do a good job for this community and by that I mean tribes not TW, good luck to marweas :)

Last edited:
Oh, and I must add...

I never met Marweas, never talked to him, never had sexual relations with him... yet I STILL loved the man.

What does this mean? He was doing his job right. I cannot fathom why they let him off.

Colosus said:
Ok. I love Meddish, but I would just like to point out that I can make a map that would UE you on every load.
before attempting to make a map, try and get up more than 2 stairs at a time, you fucker!

SarcaStick said:
before attempting to make a map, try and get up more than 2 stairs at a time, you fucker!
You try carrying around 265lbs all the time and tell me if it doesn't wear you out.

DruMAX said:
naw, its the assholes thing, that and being full of ourselves and thinking this guy even needs to be here talking to us. Trial by fire :lol: the funny part is when people start talking like TW is some kind of harrowing place that would break someone or something or that the constant litany of sarcasm and insults would scare anyone besides a teenager with an inferiority complex. Its a forum full of forum whore gamers some that think this game depends on them alone or that being a brash cock makes them somehow special...its not the spanish inquisition. Glare just got mad that people turned their sycophant fawning onto someone other than the guy who goatse'd the other guy :lol:

welcome to the new guy (hope you do a good job for this community and by that I mean tribes not TW, good luck to marweas :)

Elitism is a part of every online game. And frankly it's the elitests who stick to a game. Casual gamers play for a month or two and move on to the next title. I understand the need to try to bring those gamers in, but the game design as a whole should be more catered to the long-term gamers.

Tribalwar is 4 years old, and many of the forumwhores were playing T1 for a year prior to TW's founding. We're the ones still here. We're the loyalists. We know the game best. Is that conceited? Sure, but that doesn't make us wrong.

JodoFett said:
Sometimes I run up stairs with my legs and my arms. Like a cheetah.

Yea there are a lot of stairs out in the African wild for cheetahs to run up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back