News: KP Talks Beta Changes

Everyone who is saying no to grappler ammo, are you in the beta?

If so, have you ever tried to chase down a decent grappler on Cavern? Were you successful in doing so quickly, or did it take a long time?

For most people the answers are: Yes, Yes, long time.

Nurp said:
wait the grappler is ammo related? That's not wize...If you put a grappler in a game its the fly around all crazy like and improvise some shazbot, there shouldn't be a limit on a form of transportation that requires true skill to really use well
Skiing and a jetpack along with beacon stops work great in T1.

Yogi said:

If so, have you ever tried to chase down a decent grappler on Cavern? Were you successful in doing so quickly, or did it take a long time?

yes ive chased but its not like the other team dosent have a comperable capper. I'd much rather have a stalemate based on fast paced chasing for 20 minutes on both sides than a stalemate based on super turtling (t2). plus you could easily mow this guy down with a few chainguns

Skater said:
" added ammo to grappler, 20 for all armours to start with (feedback on this requested) "

that idea BLOWS.

Refer to the part where KP says, WE WELCOME YOUR FEEDBACK.

Your feedback blows.

Offer a balancing suggestion plz.

Yogi said:

Yes i'm in beta
and, as you said, Yes yes, long time.

HOWEVER - that is ONE map. The other maps are outdoors (the ones in beta) and I do not think its a good idea to nerf something because on ONE map, it may make it a bit difficult to kill the capper... The chain gun, the laser rifle, and the disc (if aimed right) will more than effectively take out someone grappling around in circles.

I do agree that it sucks to chase them down on cavern.... but its one map.... (as of right now..)

Skater said:
Yes i'm in beta
and, as you said, Yes yes, long time.

HOWEVER - that is ONE map. The other maps are outdoors (the ones in beta) and I do not think its a good idea to nerf something because on ONE map, it may make it a bit difficult to kill the capper... The chain gun, the laser rifle, and the disc (if aimed right) will more than effectively take out someone grappling around in circles.

I do agree that it sucks to chase them down on cavern.... but its one map.... (as of right now..)
Do you use the grappler more than 20 times before you die?

TonyElTigre said:
yes ive chased but its not like the other team dosent have a comperable capper. I'd much rather have a stalemate based on fast paced chasing for 20 minutes on both sides than a stalemate based on super turtling (t2). plus you could easily mow this guy down with a few chainguns

There's absolutely no reason you can' use 20 grapples to go back and forth between both flags atleast 2 or 3 times.

So where's the problem?

You can still get to the enemy flag and back and have plenty of grapples left. You can still pass the flag off or visit an ammo station. As it is now, almost every capper visits an INV station when returning from the flag.

IMO, 20 is still too much, I don't think anyone will see much of a negative impact in terms of grapple use.

KillerONE said:
Refer to the part where KP says, WE WELCOME YOUR FEEDBACK.

Your feedback blows.

Offer a balancing suggestion plz.

ok - point taken... i shoulda put more thought into it.

how about something other than ammo.... how about something like how the chain gun works... the more you use it the less effective it is... maybe the more you grapple the slower you start to swing? or the shorter distance you can go/reach....

I would be very suprised to not see cavern in the released version. Maybe not in exactly the same state, but I'd wager it'll be there. And it's not the only indoor style map.

my only problem is the reduced damage on the buckler
dont go crazy with the nerf bat on a high skill weapon
viv does not approve :(

everything else looks like a valid change

I'm not part of Beta of course but can you break the grappler line with a disc or other explosion, if so how many hit points will it withstand?

To keep it a balanced weapon or tool, it should have some weaknesses imho....again, I'm not in beta so that's just my 2 pennies.

Yogi said:
Do you use the grappler more than 20 times before you die?
somet imes yes and some times no. if i'm going in for the flag, and use 4 grapples to get there, and you grab before me, i'm now 4 grapples short if i wish to do it again when you drop/cap. I know that thats a bad example (but i can do it 4 more times!) but you see what i'm getting at.

Yogi said:
I would be very suprised to not see cavern in the released version. Maybe not in exactly the same state, but I'd wager it'll be there. And it's not the only indoor style map.

i said in beta (refering to the 'indoor' maps - there is only 1. the other 3 are outdoor.).... and i never said that cavern wouldn't be released with the game... (if that was directed at me - not sure... cause well i didn't say that.)

[Constructive Criticism]

Grappler:
Instead of giving it limited ammunition, decrease the refire rate. Implement a refire delay penalty for broken/snapped cables.

Fixed Ammo is not the way to balance the Grabbler. :(

Before you all go and nerf the grappler to all bloody hell... can you let the rest of us try it out?

(and by the rest of us, I mean those would didn't sleep w/ thrax to get into the private beta. However, Thrax, baby, I'm here if you want me ;-) )

Back