News: KP Talks Beta Changes

grappler ammo.. leave it as is. I understand the reasoning but in a real match or a full server with NORMAL EAST COAST PINGS he would be sniped when hes dancing all over the map.

Leave it as infinite... its a staple item like the jetpack.

Colosus said:
Michael 'KineticPoet' Johnston posted some of the upcoming changes to the beta recently. Here's a taste of what you can expect...

- added ammo to grappler, 20 for all armours to start with (feedback on this requested)
PACKS
- slightly increased speed pack passive refire bonus (1.2->1.25)
- increased repair pack active repair rate (10/s->13/s)
Grappler ammo, ... well I realy don't know; sounds wrong to me, but lets try,
maybe it would be better to give the heavys less ammo on that weapon.

Packs, from what I read, I thought the E-Pack could have used some love too.. well

Here we go.

BTW Patch sounds realy bad IHO, because it sounds like this stage isn't ment to become the open beta ( at least for the next weak or so..)

Chaoz said:
No increase speed of the disc on the spinfusor? Have you guys experimented with different speeds?

Any update on when fileplanet might get the beta (the 9th perhaps?) :D
They sped the disc up in the last patch. It is just fine.

borlaK said:
question..
- reduced tank main projectile damage (180->140)
- reduced tank main refire rate (0.5/s->0.32/s)

so now the tank is doing 420 damage per second rather than 360?

Great from what I read I thought it would be underpowered!
I read that you can only dominate the midfield and defence!

}-P

<bad Viper! stop that sarcasm NOW>

Grappler ammo will just have to be tested. But one thing I did find strange was the simultaneous reduction in gravity, increase in vertical thrust, and increase in air control. Weren't people saying that too much of the game was already spent in the air, with not enough skiing?

ammo for grappler sounds very promising...

as we have seen in spiderman series. Peter runs out of web 1 time out of 3 episodes atleast.

Kinda strange ya.. I'd like to see more FORWARD thrust.. not more vertical.. currently vertical is already too much, imo. Guess I'll have to "check" out the changes. :)

It's an attempt to balance the weapon. I'm pretty sure everyone has requested at least SOME sort of balance.

Currently the GH is a bit too powerful.

Chaoz said:
No increase speed of the disc on the spinfusor? Have you guys experimented with different speeds?

no im sure thats never crossed their minds

edit: prolly shouldnt use sig in here =\

i seriously hope they change grabbler back to unlimited, even though i dont play tv yet, having limited ammo will suck guaranteed...

Having grappler 'ammo' could both work and make sense, with the risk of having the system be a bit complicated. It's not mentioned how the system is currently implemented, so maybe you beta testers can help me out.

First of all, how is the refire rate determined? Is it assumed that when you disconnect the grappler, it is reeled back in? Or does it just come off with a new hook thing replacing it (kinda weird)?

You could try having a grapple shot only cost a unit of ammo if the line:
a.) snaps from tension, or
b.) snaps from being shot at

while not losing the ammo if you manually disconnect the grappler (and therefore have to wait for it to reel back in to refire).

what if I just like to grabble around the map for practice or just for the hell of it?

GRAPPLER AMMO WILL KILL T:V

From the videos I've seen, the grappler was extremely powerful and needed a little nerfing. Now people will have to be more careful about how they use it instead of swinging every time they feel like it.

wait the grappler is ammo related? That's not wize...If you put a grappler in a game its the fly around all crazy like and improvise some shit, there shouldn't be a limit on a form of transportation that requires true skill to really use well

Back