My new RC toy

Zear

Veteran XV
Wow. It's been a long time since I started a thread here.

I just have video so far. This is the hexcopter I just finished. From motor to motor across the craft she measures 550mm (21.6"). There are a lot of lights but I can't seem to catch them on camera with the GoPro2. In the day they wash out and at night it's a bloom of light with no focus.

KK2.0 flight controller
HobbyKing Q550 frame with PCB traces, somewhat modified
6 x Turnigy D2830-11 1000kv motors
6 x Turnigy F30A ESCs, flashed w/ SimonK FW
10"x4.7 plastic HK props
3200 mAh 3S batteries
Lots of LED light strips

This is from the third flight, on Sunday I think. I'm nowhere near full throttle on any of this, because it was pretty windy out:

That is sweet.

Was it a part of a larger kit, or something you completely piece assembled?

Any gyros/accelerometers on there for stability control (I'd imagine so)?

Wow.. did you built that from scratch? How hard are they to build? I would love to build something like that for my son and I to fly. Got any good resource sites to reccomend?

Last edited:
so, what does the two extra blades provide compared to a standard quadracopter?

i want to build one myself but i don't understand a couple of concepts, like power balance and the specific geometrics of making one so it doesn't just continually flip over

with all those props and such how loud is that?

More props that are the same or larger in size means they all have to rotate less often to achieve the same lift as a copter with 4, or 1 of the same size.

Less rpm = quieter props. Wind and weather conditions play a huge role in prop noise as well.

Power supply is a whole other story.

Last edited:
Add a some armament to these and autonomy to track VIP terrorists with that speed and maneuverability they would have no chance.

Back