my experience w/anti-depressants [long]

i can appreciate this but replacing one drug with another is not something i'd like to do

fyi this isn't a "help me" thread lol, just telling a story here folks

I don't understand your resistance to prescription drugs, while at the same time relying on alcohol to get you through.

Taking one of these drugs is going to be a lot less damaging to your physical health, and much more beneficial to your mental health than relying on alcohol in the long run.

/(I'm a fucking hypocrite)

I don't understand your resistance to prescription drugs, while at the same time relying on alcohol to get you through.

Taking one of these drugs is going to be a lot less damaging to your physical health, and much more beneficial to your mental health than relying on alcohol in the long run.

/(I'm a fucking hypocrite)

alcohol has been around for exactly how long?

we all know the side effects.

how long have anti-depressants been around? what's the "long" term effect of those exactly?

don't mean to split hairs, but lets be serious a little bit.

I feel your pain, I'm an awful sleeper. I don't think I've ever fallen asleep with less than an hour of tossing and turning (minus passing out drunk). I envy the hell out of my wife, who falls asleep within 30 seconds of closing her eyes.

i don't get it.

the SSRI's fixed your soul-crushing anxiety, but your self-prescribed weaning caused unwanted side-effects, so it's the drug's fault?

also, for anyone who has legitimate depression or anxiety, they'd probably trade loss of sexual desire for not feeling like killing themselves 24/7 in a heartbeat.

my wife is the same way, she'll be on the couch for 30 secs and be out

fuck i wish i had that

I usually feel like shit after coming down from mdma

but only for like 1-2 days and then my life is awesome again

i don't get it.

the SSRI's fixed your soul-crushing anxiety, but your self-prescribed weaning caused unwanted side-effects, so it's the drug's fault?

also, for anyone who has legitimate depression or anxiety, they'd probably trade loss of sexual desire for not feeling like killing themselves 24/7 in a heartbeat.

no, it's my fault. i claimed responsibility in my op. never felt like ctrl+k irl, though

alcohol has been around for exactly how long?

we all know the side effects.

how long have anti-depressants been around? what's the "long" term effect of those exactly?

don't mean to split hairs, but lets be serious a little bit.

The side effects of alcohol is the fact that drinking every day to excess in order to fall asleep is raping your liver. If you're drinking every day, go to your doctor and ask him for some blood tests on your liver function.

The discussion that will follow will not be a cheery one.

i don't get it.

Self prescribed, but following the directions given to him by his doctor, lest we forget.

usually almost 1 bottle of red wine, trust me i know this theory and it's not true

It's not a theory... Drinking yourself to sleep makes you miss out on crucial deep rem sleep. Once the alcohol wears off in the middle of the night your brain gets kicked awake and you are more susceptible to panic attacks. Lack of restful sleep also makes you more anxious during the day

Did you even try not drinking yourself into a stupor every night before resorting to lexapro?

sorry man, it definitely is NOT a theory... drinking will screw your sleep, and drinking heavily will exacerbate your anxiety each time your body starts to withdraw from the alcohols effects.

don't try and argue and put a blanket statement against SSRI's being the devil, and claim that, since alcohol has been around forever, it's gotta be okay... just stupid, really stfd and stfu about this

well i hadn't been drinking for 10+ years after i started having anxiety

i wasn't drinking more than once a week at tops when i was 12-28, but the anxiety was still there

guess i should have taken more drugs!

Back