Midtown madness 3?

Sam

Banned
How is xbox live gonna work on this? what kinda modes are there gonna be , and has anyone played it yet?

impressions from some guy who picked it up early on the xbox forums

System link, team "capture the gold" is SWEEEEEET !!! Can't wait to play on "LIVE". Noone is on live yet. I begged and pleaded with the guy at the store to give it to me early because there was a big red label on the box saying "do not sell until 6/17/03, then I get home and go to open the games and there are labels on each of the games that say don't sell until 6/17/03. Thanx to the store guy who went in the back, found, unpacked and let me have the games early. You ROCK !!!

Hey dumbass Memphbleek. Not only do I have A COPY, I have 4 copies of MM3, "system link" don't ya know !!! All of the cars are unlocked in system link but you have to unlock the cars in single player. The first one I unlocked is the Washington bus by winning the first 3 checkpoint races. Bus colors have to be unlocked in multiplayer. Driving around you see floating paint spray cans for different cars to get paint jobs. The cars act like normal cars and trucks and busses which is why some reviews say vehicles are slow, I think. The single player is race after race like any other auto game but we did find a soccer field on the Washington map complete with a giant ball for a little 2 vs. 2 car soccer game, that was fun !!! Multiplayer is where this game kicks a$$. I can't wait for a little 4 vs. 4 team Capture the gold with busses on "LIVE". My friends like this better for multiplayer than MC2 (better control). If you like pure speed MC2 is where it's at though. Capture the gold in MM3 is much better that Detinator and CTF in MC2 (IMO).

OK... I take back what I said about the speed of the MM3 after driving the Corvette, Holy Crap. By the way, the graphics and lighting are top notch unlike the fair graphics of MC2 and the cities are not to be believed, Huge and full of interactive detail. Look for me on live... My license plate says EAT ME. by the way, you can customise your plates.

Not only do the parts of the car fall off but if you don't completely break the parts off they will hang on the car by the hinges, tail lights go out if damaged. Hoods and trunks bounce up and down if not crushed to the point of falling off. If damage realism is your thing you will absolutely love what they have done with MM3, it is nothing short of amazing. Cruise mode is fun but I recommend starting a system link game because then all the cars are unlocked and you can drive any car although it says "DEFERED MODE" waiting for other players to join on the screen.

I havn't driven long enough in cruise to see the time of day change (sorry) but you can pick time of day, season, traffic density, pedestrian density, cop density and weather. Oh by the way it does have custom soundtracks option, SWEEEET !!! Yes you can turn on and off headlights with the white button and look around the outside of the car with the right joystick. You can also shut off the annoying voice over actor voices, nice touch !!! Watch the "Bonus Movie" in the options menu it's pretty funny, I saw it on the web but it's so much better on my 57in. Sony.

I only found 3 people playing on "LIVE". 1 said he was from the "Gaming press" reviewing the game. No traffic online from what I saw and no traffic or pedestrian options for online play other than season, time of day and weather now that I'm looking at the menu. You as host can pick host's car so everyone has the same car or you can pick "free" so people can choose any car, COOL !!! It looks like they have thought of just about everything

Cops are badass and you can have up to 4 of them chasing you around in cruise mode. By the way there are random jumps all over, subways , skyways, loop-d-loops, and lots of cool things to go through, into, under and over. I keep getting lost... HOLY HUGE !!! Gotta go. I'll be back later if you want to know anything else let me know and I'll post back in a couple hours. SEE YA !!!

It's OK, a lot of people are full of $hit, I understand. No minigame in socker field although that would have been sweet, Hey... where were you when they were making this game pal . We just played 2 vs. 2 til 3 and kept score ourselves, It was hard but FUN as H*LL. My team lost

Hey brdman64... If you look at my first post on this thread I said there was a label on EACH of the games saying "DO NOT SELL BEFORE 6/17/03 The crash physics are rediculous just like MC2. EB by my house has it but they won't sell it until Monday. My friend Laura (Manager at GameStop) says it is "active in their computer but they aren"t getting it until monday. By the way I have 4 copies for my 4 X boxes. It's only 1 person per box in "system link" kinda sad. We are actually planning on 2 more X boxes and TVs. I havn't found any roof top war spots yet but I remember that from MM2 on the computer. Can't wait to play Team Capture the gold with city busses, they have a bus for Washington and a different one for Paris but colors are locked. HUH ???? Red or blue team are the choises and if you still don't believe I have it. The staples that go through the manual are between pages 16 and 17. Does anyone know what Dieter Kleimann means ? Because it's on the front of the manual.

Last edited:
I'm going to rent it

I was going to buy midnight club II, but I'm glad I rented it as I beat it in like 3 days

NHL 2k3 is on sell for $20 canadian at future shop, might just pick that up for now...

it's just the canadian version of best buy, although we have both here and best buy owns them anyway

oh

btw when I was in blockbuster they had madden 2k3 and mgs:s for $20

Just like MM2 but now there is also a single player mode where you have to deliver pizzas and stuff like that. Midnight Club 2 sucked compared to the MM series so I am sure I will be buying MM3 when it comes out.

Cruise mode is fun but I recommend starting a system link game because then all the cars are unlocked and you can drive any car although it says "DEFERED MODE" waiting for other players to join on the screen.

How can I force this? I'm supposed to be reviewing this but I can't be arsed to play though the whole SP game just to try out the car physics. I only have one X-box and no Live.

Hmmm.. I was thinking about trading in mc2 towards mm3 and some other games, but right now I'm leaning towards just trading in mc2 towards the other games. MC2 was my first racing game in a while, so I thought it was cool at first.. then it got pretty boring. I heard good things about mm3, but I've also heard shitty things. Either way, it's supposed to be better than mc2, but not sure if I'm gonna get it yet.

piotrr said:
How can I force this? I'm supposed to be reviewing this but I can't be arsed to play though the whole SP game just to try out the car physics. I only have one X-box and no Live.

How can you review a game without live? You're a pretty shitty reviewer. 80% of the game is fucking live.

What triple said above is true. Try to host your own LAN game. And I think I am the only one in the world who likes the single player on this game.

triple said:
How can you review a game without live? You're a pretty shitty reviewer. 80% of the game is fucking live.
Simple:

1. I don't give a fuck.
2. It's my second job. It pays about 1/6th of the game design job.
3. I'm just that good.
4. We're an RPG magazine.
4.a Console games are a tiny portion of what we do.
4.b Online console games have a tiny user group.
4.c Console DRIVING games are even farther off from our customers' zone of interest.
5. I'm not about to PAY for live to REVIEW their shit. If they want me to review it, they can send it to me for free or this is the result.
6. So are you going to help me or not?

Last edited:
Back