[Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread

6wzPkeA.png

i have to say - i always wondered wtf the president of france was doing hugging a couple of blacks who were flipping off the camera.... with all this open boarder talk, i just chalked it up to nonsense. apparently he was in St Martin pledging unity to people from all backgrounds. its still a fucked up photo wtf were they thinking even releasing it

its not over a fkin gas tax... thats just the scummy msm story. its cuz the gov been going globalist and fking over the local populac for over 40 years... the gas tax thing just the straw breaking the camels back

:rofl:

Fact-check false equivalence: Washington Post rates Ocasio-Cortez as bad as Trump | Salon.com

The Post’s fact-check headline two days later was unquestioningly blunt: “Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s $21 Trillion Mistake.” So had Ocasio-Cortez simply made up the $21 trillion number? No. Invented the study? Unfairly singled out the Pentagon? Bungled the math, inaccurately dividing 21 into 36? No, no and no.

Instead, in her tweet, she had failed to properly capture the fact that the missing Pentagon money included both inputs and outlays and, therefore, wasn’t a tranche of lost funds that could’ve been reallocated to pay for Medicare for All, as she suggested. In fact, the Pentagon’s total budget over those 18 years was $9 trillion. It’s a key distinction, but that missing nuance led the Post to award this “$21 trillion mistake” its worst rating for dishonesty: “Four Pinocchios.”

Just skip over this if you can't read.. I am looking at you Phrito

Global Study Highlights Misperceptions of Key Issues like Crime, Climate Change, Sex, and Others

Crime

In the U.S. people are spot on about the scale of knife-related deaths (14%), but are wrong about the scale of gun-related deaths – they actually guessed about 9% too low. The U.S. is not alone, however, as several countries around the world are also wrong about the composition of interpersonal violence deaths in their country. Although in 13 countries the majority correctly guess which is the biggest killer out of firearms, sharp objects such as knives or other physical violence, in other countries people’s perceptions don’t always match what the crime statistics say.

Other countries overestimate the proportion of gun deaths, notably South Africa (where knives cause the most deaths), Netherlands and Sweden. And even some countries where the scale of certain types of violence dwarf others, large minorities do not realize this. For example, in the US – where firearms account for almost 70% of all deaths through interpersonal violence, only six in ten (59%) correctly identify guns as the biggest killer, and a similar pattern is seen in Colombia.

People in most countries think prisons are even more crowded than they actually are. On average, people in the U.S. think prisons are 37% over full capacity (137%) when they are 4% over capacity (104%), compared to global averages which are 30% and 9%, respectively. Having said that, the countries with the highest levels of overcrowding do tend to be the countries with the highest guesses.

Sexual Harassment

In 13 countries for which there is data, ten of them substantially underestimate women’s experience of sexual harassment in their nation, including the U.S. On average, people think 39% of women have experienced harassment, but actually on average 60% have. In the United States there is a 30-point gap with people thinking 51% of women have experienced harassment, but in reality, 81% have experienced harassment. Mexico is the only country to actually overestimate its extent.

In each country, men give a lower estimate of sexual harassment than women. On average, men guess 36% of women in their country have experienced sexual harassment, but women’s guess is 44% (although still an underestimate).

Climate Change

Every country in the study underestimates the global temperature rise over the past 18 years, even though 17 of the past 18 years have been the hottest since records began. The average estimate across the study was 9 years, though in the U.S. it was 10. The majority of countries overestimate the amount of energy used that comes from renewable sources in their country. The average guess is 26% when it’s actually only 19%.

Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, China and Singapore were the furthest out; some countries, though, actually underestimate how much progress they have made with renewables, such as Sweden and Montenegro.

Sex

Nineteen countries in the study include estimates for the amount of sex they think 18-29 year olds are having, and most of them get it very wrong, including the U.S. On average in the U.S., people think young women have sex 15 times every 4 weeks and the guess for men is slightly higher at 17 times. In fact, when asked in the survey, 18-29-year-old women and men both report they have had sex 4 times every 4 weeks.

Across the study, there is little consistent difference in guesses by women and men, and young people themselves are only slightly less likely to overestimate how much sex their peers are having than older people (on average, under 30s guess that other 18-29 year olds are having sex 20 times a month, among over 30s the average guess is 21).

Vaccinations

All countries in the survey underestimate the near universal level of infant vaccinations in their country. The average guess in the U.S. (73%) is in line with the average global guess (73%) while the actual figures are 95% and 94%, respectively, according to World Health Organization (WHO) figures. Furthest out are India, Mexico and China.

Economy

Every country in the study heavily overestimates the proportion of people unemployed and seeking work in their country. The average guess across the study was 5 times greater than the actual (34% when in reality it is closer to 7%). In the U.S., the average guess was 22% while the actual number is 4%.

People also tend to underestimate the size of their country’s economy relative to others. The majority of people placed their country’s GDP rank lower than the reality, and the U.S. was no exception as people guessed the U.S GDP ranked #5, which in reality it is #1. Emerging economies such as Argentina, South Africa, and Romania tend to rank the most disproportionately low compared to reality.

Population Facts

Every country massively overestimates the levels of growth of their elderly population. Across the countries on average, people think 54% of the population will be 65+ in 2050 when in reality the projection is less than half that (25%). In the U.S., the overestimate is slightly lower, as people think 49% of the population will be 65+, when in reality, the projection is 22%, according to the World Bank.

The majority of countries hugely overestimate levels of immigration; a pattern we have seen in previous studies. The average guess across 37 countries is that 28% are immigrants when the actual figure is less than half that (12%). In the U.S. the average guess is that 29% are immigrants when the actual figure is 15%.

Nearly every country included in the study also over-estimates their Muslim population by a large margin. The average guess was nearly double the actual figure (20% vs 8%). The U.S. was very far off, estimating a Muslim population of 14% when in reality it is 1%.

About this Study

These are the findings of the Ipsos Perils of Perception Survey 2018, comprised of 28,115 interviews conducted between September 28 – October 16, 2018.
The survey is conducted in 37 countries around the world, via the Ipsos Online Panel system in Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Denmark, France, Germany, Great Britain, Hong Kong (SAR, China), Hungary, India, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Peru, Poland, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey and the USA. The following countries used either online or face-to-face methodologies: Montenegro, Serbia.

Approximately 1000 individuals aged 16-64 or 18-64 were surveyed in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Great Britain, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Mexico, Montenegro, Serbia, Singapore, Spain and the USA. Approximately 2000 individuals aged 16-64 were surveyed in Japan. Approximately 500 individuals aged 16-64 were surveyed in Argentina, Belgium, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Hungary, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Peru, Poland, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand and Turkey.

21 of the 37 countries surveyed online generate nationally representative samples in their countries (Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Great Britain, Hong Kong (SAR, China), Hungary, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and United States).

Brazil, Colombia, China, Chile, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Peru, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, South Africa, Thailand and Turkey produce a national sample that is more urban & educated, and with higher incomes than their fellow citizens. We refer to these respondents as “Upper Deck Consumer Citizens”. They are not nationally representative of their country.

The “actual” data for each question is taken from a variety of verified sources. The most recent available data has been used which in most cases is from the past two years. Figures for sexual harassment are largely from a 2012 study for the EU Fundamental Rights Agency and some country data for the Muslim population is from pre-2015. A full list of sources/links to the actual data can be found here.

Where results do not sum to 100 or the ‘difference’ appears to be+-1 more/less than the actual, this may be due to rounding, multiple responses or the exclusion of don't knows or not stated responses.

Data are weighted to match the profile of the population.

Coming apart at the seams :lol:

Nick Cannon Blasts Chelsea Handler, Amy Schumer, Sarah Silverman Over Homophobic Tweets

Nick Cannon is calling out Hollywood for what he says is a blatant double standard following Kevin Hart’s Oscars resignation, retweeting old jokes by three female white comedians — Amy Schumer, Sarah Silverman and Chelsea Handler — in which they used homophobic language.

Cannon shared a 2010 tweet from Handler that included anti-gay slurs, telling his followers, “Interesting, I wonder if there was any backlash here…”

He also posted another 2010 tweet by Silverman in which she called the new “Bachelorette” a gay slur, as well as a tweet from Schumer from 2012 in which she used a homophobic term, along with the caption, “I’m just saying… should we keep going???”

When a Twitter user suggested that perhaps Cannon should “audit” his own social media feed, he responded: “Nope!! You know I’ve been saying f–ed up s–t since twitter started! I don’t play that politically correct bulls–t! F–k politics!! Only Truth!”

The posts come a day after Hart was forced to step down from hosting the upcoming 2019 Oscars following intense backlash over his own Twitter feed.

Hart drew ire after scrubbing his social media from dozens of old tweets in which he used anti-gay slurs, including one where he seemed to advocate violence against his own son should he exhibit gay tendencies.

“Yo if my son comes home & try’s 2 play with my daughters doll house I’m going 2 break it over his head & say n my voice ‘stop that’s gay,” he wrote in 2011.

Last year, Cannon stepped down as host of NBC’s “America’s Got Talent” after backlash over racially charged jokes about the network in his Showtime special.

And in 2014, Cannon also came under fire for posting a photo of himself wearing whiteface to promote his latest album.

“To me, this was to have fun,” he added. “Yes we have issues with race in this country, this world, but it doesn’t have to be with hatred. There’s a big difference between humor and hatred.”When a Twitter user suggested that perhaps Cannon should “audit” his own social media feed, he responded: “Nope!! You know I’ve been saying f–ed up s–t since twitter started! I don’t play that politically correct bulls–t! F–k politics!! Only Truth!”

The posts come a day after Hart was forced to step down from hosting the upcoming 2019 Oscars following intense backlash over his own Twitter feed.

Hart drew ire after scrubbing his social media from dozens of old tweets in which he used anti-gay slurs, including one where he seemed to advocate violence against his own son should he exhibit gay tendencies.

“Yo if my son comes home & try’s 2 play with my daughters doll house I’m going 2 break it over his head & say n my voice ‘stop that’s gay,” he wrote in 2011.

Last year, Cannon stepped down as host of NBC’s “America’s Got Talent” after backlash over racially charged jokes about the network in his Showtime special.

And in 2014, Cannon also came under fire for posting a photo of himself wearing whiteface to promote his latest album.

“To me, this was to have fun,” he added. “Yes we have issues with race in this country, this world, but it doesn’t have to be with hatred. There’s a big difference between humor and hatred.”

After the backlash over Hart’s homophobic tweets began last week, Cannon came to Hart’s defense, commenting on Hart’s Instagram post: “We with you regardless!!! You know how we feel about people trying to control us anyway!!”

Reps for Schumer, Handler and Silverman did not immediately respond to TheWrap’s request for comment

Back