[Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread

Overall I think you would be hard pressed to find a consensus of research or data that would back up the idea that more global trade hasn't been a significant net benefit to the US since the end of WW2. Obviously some areas of greater successes and failures along the way though.

You description of the nature of trade deficits here seems overly simplistic. There have been many efforts to rock the boat over the years, especially with regards to China.

Deals shouldn't exist in amber, NAFTA needs modernization for example.

It is overly simplistic, and I agree that things should change as circumstances do. I also agree that trade has largely been a net favorable to the US. Why can't it be better?

you do realize that Trump says he wants open and free trade among the G-7?

Who he is even asking to become the G-8 again

That the tariffs are his way of forcing their hand to understand that protectionism goes both ways and that it hurts everyone......but might hurt them more (like it is with Mexico) and that they don't get to make the rules and set all the deals over our trade with them

Trump at G7: US president calls for end to tariffs and trade barriers

that this is simply unacceptable to THEM......our alleged allies and friends......but that TRUMP is being the unreasonable one somehow

Uh.......yeah.......good luck with that argument

If only there had been a trade agreement framework that removed many of those protectionist policies... Could have been called the TPP or something.

I will believe Trump wants multilateral trade agreements when he actually expresses some framework that would be acceptable to him beyond some generic platitudes. It would be counter to everything he has said for 40 years on trade though, so I am not keeping my hopes up.

how u modernize nafta without changing or renegotiating the terms of the deal?

it is like you are saying someone should do something

but trump does something and that makes you angry

which is it?

both of course

Have I opposed renegotiating NAFTA? No, keep making shit up though. I think Trumps methodology and expressed views on trade over the last 40 are fucking dumb though especially with respects to the current global economy and the evidence supports that belief.

Just change your name to Capt. Strawman already.

If only there had been a trade agreement framework that removed many of those protectionist policies... Could have been called the TPP or something.

well shit......the TPP sounds amazing

was it better or worse for USA interests than NAFTA?

excuse the alt-right bias of this source below.....but it is just one of many

5 Problems With the Trans Pacific Partnership

Public Citizen reported that since 1994, “the [freed-trade agreement] deficit surge implies the loss of nearly one million American jobs.” Public Citizen said wherever there were free-trade agreements US trade deficits increased and in the countries not covered by free-trade agreements our deficits decreased.

Well that sounds awesome........sign me up

we trade a million US jobs for what? a trade deficit with most of our trade Allies.......well who could possibly make an argument against this arrangement right MHS?

WTF is Trump thinking or doing to us

this is what you are outraged and upset over

but you laugh at Trump being shortsighted and foolhearted in folly

I'd prefer petulant people not just make shit up.

if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

u wanna defend alt right people and shill for Trump literally every day, but draw the line at being grouped in with people like Reggs

actually pretty sensible tbh

Have I opposed renegotiating NAFTA? No, keep making shit up though. I think Trumps methodology and expressed views on trade over the last 40 are fucking dumb though especially with respects to the current global economy and the evidence supports that belief.

Mad at the guy saying lets stop all this tariff and trade protection shit

not sure how that is possible.......given how you are also against trade barriers and trade tarriffs but maybe you don't really know wtf you want and that even in another 40 years you still will not have a clue

serveimage

Why is a document that merely "removes protectionist policies" nearly 6,000 pages long?

same reason affordable care act was 2k pages

and made care less affordable to everyone and exploded our debt

is about to bankrupt medicare in 8 years

California Lawmakers Propose $1 Billion Annual Health Coverage For Undocumented Immigrants

Assembly Passes Bill To Make California First State To Cover Undocumented Immigrants Under Medicaid

Assuming the policitians MHS isn't mad at, or concerned over, don't add a few more pages and stipulations to the deal before then

but this is like explaining Brexit to someone who is really fond and benefiting from current arrangements in the EU......a pointless practice

Stefan Molyneux said:
The world can be a nasty and ugly and difficult and dangerous business because when you improve the world, you threaten the entrenched interests of evil people.

Mad at the guy saying lets stop all this tariff and trade protection shit

not sure how that is possible.......given how you are also against trade barriers and trade tarriffs but maybe you don't really know wtf you want and that even in another 40 years you still will not have a clue

And like I said I will believe what he said at the G7 over what he has said for 40 years prior or what he said on the plane afterward and what his spokespeople were out saying as soon as he actually does it.

I don't take empty words of politicians at face value, wouldn't think you would either.

u wanna defend alt right people and shill for Trump literally every day, but draw the line at being grouped in with people like Reggs

actually pretty sensible tbh

That's because you're incapable of differentiating between ridiculing ludicrous one-dimensional claims from the likes of triple, vanster, and other loons and shilling. If you believe that I shill for trump every day, what's the shilliest thing I've ever said about him? Pointing out lunacy is not the same as supporting what the lunacy opposes. Constantly conflating the two is disingenuous if intentional, and insane if it's not. Which are you?

coombz will never admit that he is alt-left extremist progressive, but we all know better, right coombz?

:p:

That's because you're incapable of differentiating between ridiculing ludicrous one-dimensional claims from the likes of triple, vanster, and other loons and shilling.

ummm dude everyone ridicules those posters, that isn't shilling

you wanna be in denial about your weasel ways, that's OK

we all see you ;)

I was and am actually concerned that all these taxes and tariffs were Trumps way of having his name on it, him deciding who wins and who loses, him shifting everything around so that his special interests and campaign funders would maximize benefits......

Biden's Son, Kerry Family Friend Join Ukrainian Gas Producer's Board

I mean let us be honest......this is the only thing that ever GETS DONE in politics in America now and all involves backroom deals and favoritism overseas or across our borders.

That it was more of the same......but to see this sudden change in even wordage does make me happy. It does exactly what I hoped it would. It lets people realize, possibly the hard way, that we do more for them than they do for us in our current arrangements.

March 8th
Canada, Mexico To Be "Exempted Indefinitely" From Tariffs; Peso, Loonie Soar

to now
Peso Plunges After Mexico Announces Retaliatory Tariffs Against US

USDMXN%206.5.jpg

tough love......who is going to come crawling back to whom first is the only question left

watching their leaders run their mouth instead of come up with compromises shows me they have a lot to learn still.......a lot of pain left to feel and learn from

the way it has to be in life

ummm dude everyone ridicules those posters, that isn't shilling

you wanna be in denial about your weasel ways, that's OK

we all see you ;)

Why not address the second point? What the shilliest thing I've ever said? I do it every day. Hell what's the shilliest thing I've said today?

Why not address the second point? What the shilliest thing I've ever said? I do it every day. Hell what's the shilliest thing I've said today?

i want to know when the next time coombz will have something to say about a topic being discussed and not just another poster

it is like he is incapable of holding a thought that isn't poster gossip or isn't just about him......or an attempt to make all conversations on TW about him

next up coombz will call you a self absorbed narcissist and the daily projection powers can be maximized

he does admit he takes care of his kids while his gf fucks other

guys :lol: if it talks like a cuck, reeeeeees like a cuck...

can't really blame her :rofl:

we all SEE that coombz is just a noodle shaped one trick pony

even she wants off the ride

Last edited:
Back