[Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread

You're the one objecting to my use of the word capitulate and demanding that I defend it. I'm simply asking you why I need to. You have not explained at all why it's use was incorrect.

I am asking you to explain how you think our allies our fucking us in trade and why you think we have capitulated. Why you describe mutually beneficial trade as a capitulation.

I haven't accused you of using a word incorrectly or objected to your use only asked for you to explain why it is the right word in your opinion.

Nope.

But keep trying to make up what other people think instead of defending your own statements.

We both can play the game of giving unspecific answers to questions though I guess. That is always fun.

this is as good as last nights ABC nightly news

where all the renewable energy groups decided that Trumps decision to continue using coal and nuclear energy was actually going to be "MORE COSTLY" than what they are offering

remember when we used to laugh when that was the other way around........we let big oil and coal lecture us about how costly "renewable" were going to be?

it is like we don't even care about being objective anymore. we only want confirmation bias. we only want the smoke enema.

why you think it is better for our trade partners to be protecting their industries but trump can't ask for them to lower tariffs and fees on our products actually baffles my mind right now.

that is the only thing i can't see being explained in here

It comes down to stuff like Canada adding tariffs to things like inbound US dairy to the tune of 300%. This effectively causes it to be too expensive so therefore people buy less. This goes on across the board. This is why Trump is saying - "Let's not mess around with tariffs - let's just do away with them".

there's a reason why Canada adds tariffs to American dairy

U.S. dairy subsidies equal 73 percent of producer returns

A new report finds that $62 of every $100 that U.S. farmers earn comes from one level of government or another

TIL: 73% of U.S. dairy farmers market returns comes directly from the pocket of American taxpayers through government subsidies and support, in Canada it's 0% thanks to supply management.

US Dairy Farmers Pour Out 43 Million Gallons of Milk Due to Surplus

Yep arguing for trade agreements that reduce trading partners protectionist policies is actually asking for more protection by those partners.

We've always been at war with Eastasia.

I believe there is a reason for everything

nothing is wrong with protecting your interests and your economy

that is why we elect people to office

not to give away the cow and act outraged that Trump would even consider the terms and conditions (yet alone benefit) of unilateral protectionism that does not benefit American interests

as a guy running on America first platform

I am asking you to explain how you think our allies our fucking us in trade and why you think we have capitulated. Why you describe mutually beneficial trade as a capitulation.

I haven't accused you of using a word incorrectly or objected to your use only asked for you to explain why it is the right word in your opinion.

I'm speaking generally, and not on a case by case basis, but I don't believe that it's mutually beneficial. I believe our allies get far more benefit from the US than the US gets from our allies. That's to be expected, as we are larger with a bigger economy and a bigger military. If, however, we're running a deficit with a nation purely because we can afford to and because we don't want to rock the boat, I consider that to be a capitulation.

I believe there is a reason for everything

nothing is wrong with protecting your interests and your economy

that is why we elect people to office

not to give away the cow and act outraged that Trump would even consider the terms and conditions (yet alone benefit) of unilateral protectionism that does not benefit American interests

as a guy running on America first platform

yeah but fuck america, and fuck drumpf amirite?

Yep arguing for trade agreements that reduce trading partners protectionist policies is actually asking for more protection by those partners.

We've always been at war with Eastasia.

you do realize that Trump says he wants open and free trade among the G-7?

Who he is even asking to become the G-8 again

That the tariffs are his way of forcing their hand to understand that protectionism goes both ways and that it hurts everyone......but might hurt them more (like it is with Mexico) and that they don't get to make the rules and set all the deals over our trade with them

Trump at G7: US president calls for end to tariffs and trade barriers

that this is simply unacceptable to THEM......our alleged allies and friends......but that TRUMP is being the unreasonable one somehow

Uh.......yeah.......good luck with that argument

I'm speaking generally, and not on a case by case basis, but I don't believe that it's mutually beneficial. I believe our allies get far more benefit from the US than the US gets from our allies. That's to be expected, as we are larger with a bigger economy and a bigger military. If, however, we're running a deficit with a nation purely because we can afford to and because we don't want to rock the boat, I consider that to be a capitulation.

BUT OMG OUR ALLIES.......THEY ARE OUR ALLIES

if you boil down the definition of friendship and cooperation it is like it is always defined, both nationally, or in our personal lives, by one side doing more for one group than they do for another.......

that the second that relationship ends so does the social status and stigma used to define that relationship.

I have long argued that Iran has fucked us less than Israel......that Mexico and Canada abuse our trade policies more than North Korea and Russia (who we pretty much do nothing with) so maybe it is time to re-evaluate all relationships again.

I know this is enough to make human skulls explode but is honestly how I see it in the world I am living in right now. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer..........but in this case our friends are actually far more abusive and one sided than our alleged enemies.

Last edited:

Overall I think you would be hard pressed to find a consensus of research or data that would back up the idea that more global trade hasn't been a significant net benefit to the US since the end of WW2. Obviously some areas of greater successes and failures along the way though.

You description of the nature of trade deficits here seems overly simplistic. There have been many efforts to rock the boat over the years, especially with regards to China.

Deals shouldn't exist in amber, NAFTA needs modernization for example.

how u modernize nafta without changing or renegotiating the terms of the deal?

it is like you are saying someone should do something

but trump does something and that makes you angry

which is it?

both of course

Back