Looking for a new game 'like Tribes to play?

[T2]Alternate Master Server + No Cd key *Updated

UPDATE:
Please only use my script as a last resort, we should all unite behind Tribesnext http://www.tribesnext.com/info

UPDATE:
I modified the script and the master server to accept more servers, you should now be seeing a lot more on the list then before. A fixed linux executable is now included to run linux based servers with.

UPDATE:
The Alternate Master Server is now 100% Tribes2 script, and is also Compatable with Defense Turret. It acts just like the official master server now, automatically registering hosted servers/auto refreshing server list!
------

I made a Master Server for T2 6 months ago, but it was limited to a really old T2 version, and couldn't update the server list with new servers, but all that has changed :D. Now the Latest version is supported, along with any varient/mod, and you can dynamically add your server to the list as long as it is running in -nologin mode.

I would appreciate any servers that run it.

Allowing for online play even without a cd key :ninja

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DOWNLOAD (1.8mb)

Installation:
1. Unzip to you main Tribes2 Folder (C:/Dynamix/Tribes2) and overwrite all files if asked.
2. Launch the "Tribes 2 Online - Alternate Master Server.bat" file inside your Tribes2 folder to start playing.

Instructions
1. About
2. Requirements
3. Using the Master Server for play
4. Hosting a Server
5. Credits

1. About
This Alternate Master Server was created for a few reasons:
- To allow Tribes2 players an alternate Master Server to connect to, incase the official one crashes or is shutdown forever.
- To allows players without CD keys to connect and play online, to help the dropping player population.
- (Visit tribes2.servegame.com for more info and updates)

2. Requirements

- Latest Version of Tribes2
- Game must be started in -nologin mode(LAN Mode)

3. Using the Master Server for play
- Start the 'Tribes 2 Online - Alternate Master Server.bat' file in your Tribes2 folder, or just simply Start Tribes in -nologin mode.

4. Hosting a Server
- Replace your Tribes2.exe with the one in the 'GameData/AlternateMasterPatch', this will ensure you will be able to accept connections from the internet. Start a server normally, but be sure you are in -nologin mode. You will automatically register with the master server.

5. Credits
- Created by Morrow36/Worrom. Thanks krash123 for the T2 Script help.

Last edited:
Theres no way to insert the master server into this?

If/When the Tribes2 servers ever went down, there wouldn't be a way to sign into T2 to play on the Official Masters. The servers online wouldn't be able to verify players account information etc. So a way to get around this is to have a totally alternate master server, that doesn't use Sierra's auth servers. Anyway you look at it new servers would have to be put up and configured differently, why not start now. It gives new players without a key a chance to play to, T2 hasn't gotten new players for a very long time because no one wants to buy it/find the CDs anymore.

I'll have a few rented dedicated servers up on the alt master tonight.

Last edited:
I downloaded it for kicks a minute ago, didn't install it over the folder though - just grabbed the list - joined the construction server and lost connection a minute later. Did you make sure to set $Host::CRCTextures to 0 on that?

You have to overwrite everything it asks in the Tribes2 folder, it modifys the Tribes2 files to allow an online connection.

Also, I just set $Host::CRCTextures to 0, forgot to reset it on the Construction server. Give it a try.

Last edited:
Joining the games without any of it seems to work fine to me. I'd guess most of what was changed would be the subnet check on the server end and giving the client the ability to have servers off ServerList.cs queried.

I'm not about to say I've gone through all of what you've got there, but rather than using a little Java module, wouldn't it be simpler to have the game itself add the server to the list, and even retrieve the list from the server through the use of an HTTPObject?

You should be sure to backup your existing Tribes2.exe before extracting this one. You'll have problems on a DT server playing official. I'm guessing Morrow36 applied PenguinOfDoom's class B patch to the executable included in the archive.

UPDATE:
The Alternate Master Server is now 100% Tribes2 script, and is also Compatable with Defense Turret*. It acts just like the official master server now, automatically registering hosted servers/auto refreshing server list!
------

Big thanks to krash123 for the little T2 Script help on the servers last night.

*The only thing that isn't automated right now:
You must replace the Tribes2.exe with the one provided ONLY if you want to host on the alternate master.

Again, I have some slots on my server open if anyone wants a free dedicated server for a little while.

Back