Looking for a bad ass watch with a budget.

I don't know how much I expect out of a $100 Timex to begin with? I mean, if it lasts 2-3 years going between construction sites, I'm cool.

dw5000_history.png

This is what I wear every day.

I don't know how much I expect out of a $100 Timex to begin with? I mean, if it lasts 2-3 years going between construction sites, I'm cool.

I had to ditch mine after it corroded badly inside and began chewing up batteries after only a few months. Went all titanium after that with a good gasketed seiko and havent had any corrosion problems since.

If you work with lots of dust or chemicals having a good seal helps keep your watch alive.

I've had my Timex expedition for a couple years now. Super cheap watch that has withstood quite a beating.

Well i have been looking around and brands that have interested me are Invicta, Armani and Diesel. I am going to a pawn shop a family member works at see if he has anything special. He wasnt working today but recalled having a Tag for $400 or so.. i will see.. Maybe i will splurge :p

i remember a time when everyone i knew had a g-shock

and another time when everyone i know had a swatch watch

that was about the same time as oakley sunglasses became popular

why do ppl still wear oakleys but not g shocks

hrm

I have an Oris chronograph that I wear on "special ocassions," which means it just sits in the box for months to years at a time. It makes no sense to wear a nice watch around Baltimore or to work at a hospital. I should really get a watch winder to I don't have to set it every I time...

Well after researching for a few days i think the brand i want to go with is Diesel. They have a style that i am liking more than the others i have looked at.. just comes down to two i really like.. I have them tied in my head.. maybe TW can help me out.. They are both bigger watches, which i have seen before and i think are cool. but what you think?

9163TRmOyJL._UY445_.jpg

Amazon.com: Diesel Men's DZ4329 Diesel Chief Series Analog Display Analog Quartz Grey Watch: Diesel: Watches
OR
diesel-sba-dual-time-chronograph-grey-dial-stainless-steel-mens-watch-dz7259-38.jpg

Amazon.com: Diesel SBA Dual Time Zone Stainless Steel Men's Watch - DZ7259: Diesel: Clothing

Serious questions.

The need for a watch is... what?

You think it's fashionable? Hip?

Do you not own a phone?

I see someone with a watch these days and I think "why did he waste the time it took to put that on?".

Those Diesel watches are so ugly and will make you look like an immature douche.

I was going to say look over what seiko has to offer. Good value and the styles look more expensive than they are, but if the Diesel watches are your leading choice at this point I doubt you make any sort of good decision in the end.

Serious questions.

The need for a watch is... what?

You think it's fashionable? Hip?

Do you not own a phone?

I see someone with a watch these days and I think "why did he waste the time it took to put that on?".

I got a watch because it's faster to look at my wrist, tactful, an appearance thing, and I don't have to have a phone on me at all times. I just leave the phone at home and carry my tablet with me.

Back