Libya is falling/fallen.

you know what would be fucked up? if one of these dictators that are getting ousted just decided fuck all those people, and dropped a nuke on their own country after they left for venezuela.

Well, there are reports that the Libyan air force is bombing protesters and there are cars driving around on the street shooting people.

All land and cell phone communications are down in Libya.

Ghaddafi had to flee tripoli, but realized nobody else in the world wanted him so he want to his home town.

Appears that the two jets that landed in Malta did so because they didn't want to bomb their own people.

Libyan state tv is reporting that a large military operation is underway against 'pockets of terror'

A little late don't you think?

State Department orders all embassy family members and non-emergency personnel to leave Libya - NBC News

Also more reports of drive-by shootings by mercenaries. Appears Libya may be in a civil war of some type.

i just noticed that dr meithos has been arguing that our invasion of iraq in 2003 sparked the current protests in all these N Africa/Middle East countries

:rofl:

No I haven't. I just said that GWB predicted that after Iraq becomes democratic that democratic revolts would eventually spread. The left shit on him and said it'd never happen. Now that it's happening, it's supposedly due to something entirely unrelated. The same thing happened to Reagan after he predicted the collapse of all the communist nations. "He just got lucky."

No I haven't. I just said that GWB predicted that after Iraq becomes democratic that democratic revolts would eventually spread. The left shit on him and said it'd never happen. Now that it's happening, it's supposedly due to something entirely unrelated. The same thing happened to Reagan after he predicted the collapse of all the communist nations. "He just got lucky."

:rofl:

Didn't GWB predict that democracy would spread throughout the middle east after Muslims saw Iraq manage it successfully? And didn't the left say he's the biggest idiot of all time for think that that could ever happen? That doesn't justify going into Iraq, but I seem to remember that happening.

A revolution won't necessarily lead to a democratic government.

But JoMo, Al Jazeera is a raghead run media organization, how can you trust them?!?!?

They are surprisingly covering this really well. They do have an anti-american slant from time to time but have been covering this really well.

Al Jazeera has an unsubtle anti-western slant, but most people don't notice because they're liberal anti-west-anti-corporation-let's-all-be-friends-and-work-together loser English degree Starbucks baristas anyway

whenever people quote their bullshit I laugh

it's like quoting the Fox News of the Middle East

al jazeera had a lot of the best reporters from BBC flock to it. I consider it one of the better news outlets there is and read it, along with BBC and CNN to get a better picture on issues

if you ask me its a good habit to distance yourself from all mainstream new outlets

Al Jazeera Goshin? I thought you were better than that.

Back