Libya is falling/fallen.

What resources would Gaddafi use in such a case, isn't he already pushing his reserves by having to use mercenaries instead of his own troops?

It looks like the Saudi's are now planning a "Day of Rage" protest against the Saudi royal family on the 11th, which I'm sure will lead to even higher oil prices.

What resources would Gaddafi use in such a case, isn't he already pushing his reserves by having to use mercenaries instead of his own troops?

He has stockpiles of mustard gas, and other chemical weapons. He has Scud missiles and yellowcake Uranium.

He has destroyed a lot of the mustard gas he had as part of the deal to normalize relations with the west, but who really trusts Gaddafi?

Everyone should just leave this country alone. They will either deal with it or not, its not anyone else's problem.

I don't think there is. I mean, if they nuke people then its a world wide issue, but outside of something extremely catastrophic, no.

They need to take back the country on their own, or fail in trying. Eventually Gadhafi is going to die (even if its from old age). At the point maybe people will once again rise up, or not.

edit: I think sanctions and humanitarian aid are valid tools, not military

When food prices rise so high because of inconsistently oil supply and people starve then does it become a world wide problem?

We have the luxury of ignoring some instability in the world due to its geographic location. Others we cannot because it affects nearly every single human on the planet. Libya happens to be one of the places we cannot ignore.

I support all these uprisings, but I am still iffy on Saudi Arabia. If things get ugly there it could be the cause of WWIII.

Assuming you were alive in 1970, would you have said the same thing about Cambodia before 1/4th of the population was murdered and the rest put into reeducation/torture camps? Would you have stuck to your guns after?

I'm still for staying out. Seems they only want the US's help when it benefits them and then they tell us to fuck off. Well, fuck them, they brought this shit on themselves.

Personally I wish the US would stop fucking getting involved in all these other countries business and focus on our own problems.

BREAKING CNN: NATO has begun around-the-clock surveillance flights of Libya, U.S. ambassador to NATO says.

Also Breaking: President Obama announced Monday that military trials will resume for detainees at the Guantanamo Bay prison camp, saying the tribunals are an "important tool in combating international terrorists."

Even for Saudi oil i would say don't get involved. As oil goes up in price, there will be a need for alternative energy sources. Let America do what it does best, build cool technology.

At first, I thought this thread was going to be about falling labia's. I was disappointed to realize I read the title wrong....

NWS

Last edited:
Even for Saudi oil i would say don't get involved. As oil goes up in price, there will be a need for alternative energy sources. Let America do what it does best, build cool technology.

If SA gets involved it's the end of the world.

Back