Kung Fu Panda

For all 45 minutes I saw of it, I was entertained.

I was with a 3 year old and an 8 year old, both of whom I spoiled with individual popcorns half their body weights. About 25 minutes in the little guy is saying "I want to go home" and seemingly on the verge of tears. I take him out into the lobby, try to talk to him but he keeps "mommy!"-ing me and saying he wants to go home. The 8 year old was lovin' it so there was no way I was yanking him out halfway thru.

In the end I brought back the little guy in my arms and he fell asleep and I laughed through the last 30 minutes.

I agree with the outrage over "top actors" having no lines at all. David Cross's voice is so great but his character only says a few mildly unfunny things throughout the movie. Certainly no TS or Incredibles, and oh yeah Ratatoiulle is actually dope too. Really liked the animation style of panda's opening dream. Perdy dope.

It's a good movie.

A little childish and unoriginal at times. It's a story that's been told many times, but the movie tells the story pretty well.

Definitely worth the matinee if you've got kids

I thought it was great and the action is really solid

Spoiler

also ugwai* means turtle in chinese.. the more you knew!

nice ninja edit tony

Last edited:
i thought he was a kangaroo rat... doesnt really look like a red panda

I don't know I think I can see it:

red-panda-in-tree.jpg

16537d1208486110-demo-kung-fu-panda-shifu2-800.jpg

Last edited:
Oh shit, I get it now. He's totally a red panda. We thought he was some kind of chinchilla (sp?). Good movie though.

I saw this movie after Indiana Jones while plastered at the drive-in. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I can't believe people think this was good, never in a million years is it anywhere close to Shrek. Dreamworks fucked up badly if they think this is going anywhere, roll on Shrek 4. Kung fu panda is just not funny, period.

I can't believe people think this was good, never in a million years is it anywhere close to Shrek. Dreamworks fucked up badly if they think this is going anywhere, roll on Shrek 4. Kung fu panda is just not funny, period.

A. Remove stick from ass

B. Go watch Kung Fu Panda again

C. Enjoy movie and laugh

I interned in editorial on that movie :)

It's good. Best Dreamworks movie I've seen besides the Shrek series.

Back