[Jobs] Part-Time jobs w/ tips?

-h!red-

Veteran X
I've been planning on moving out of my parents home for the past few months. Was looking at a one bedroom but now my girlfriend is moving in with me. While I will still have enough money to take care of the 2 bedroom apt. and all the other financial burdens of moving out, it wouldn't leave me with much to spare for spending cash to take us out and also help save for the future.

I've been looking into jobs that on an average night can get you tips in the $200 range. Other then bartending I've also looked into valet/bellman at hotels downtown where all the clubs are and also thought about serving at an upscale restaurant. Needs to be a part time job at night too so I can still go to school during the day.

Does anyone else know of a job that tips extremely well or at least around the $200-300 dollar range? I just can't think of anything other then those positions that would get me an extra $500 bucks or so a week part-time.

Why doesn't your gf get a job?

She has 2 jobs and has her own bills to pay (school/car payment/car insurance) etc.

She's paying for the cell phones/groceries/ and renter's insurance as well. So basically all I have to do is cover the $900 a month rent and my own car insurance and school.

uhhh

split the rent and all the bills

why the fuck is she getting a free lunch here

you realize renter's insurance is like $150 a year

if she can't afford to be paying $450/month in rent then she should probably be living at home

we're paying about even on everything that is going towards the apartment. Rent is more in my hands because at the end of the month she's got around $1k in bills.

It's not like we're gonna have problems with money I'm just wanting a part time job that will get me some extra cash to save to afford a nice ring and also pad the fund for the house after I graduate.

I'd still make her pay half of the rent. Its not fair to you if she doesn't. Plus, a part-time job with tips is probably not going to pay for a $800 apartment + additional expenses. Your best luck would be bartending because they make good money... I don't think you would make enough waiting tables.

You two will make it for about 3 months, then all shit will break loose. One of you will start a fight about something stupid, you'll both get very dramatic and say lots of stupid things, then you'll break up and she'll move in with some other guy.

Then you'll be forced to move cuz you guys broke the lease, or you'll have to pay a lot more. You'll post on TW about how you now have to move back in with your parents cuz of the dumb bitch.

This is where you get ready to post about how long you two have been together, or how you're really easy going and won't have problems like that, or how she says it'll all work out and she's not mean like that.

Usually, friends who become roomates end up not being friends, and couples who move in don't stay couples. At the very least, get a place you can afford without much difficulty, get expenses up front from her, have the lease and all bills in your name only, and don't have her move in, have someone else. Make sure it's all square with the landlord too.

Really, you shouldn't be living with your gf because she'll be shirking all her responsibilities of being a roomate, or you will. It will create unnecessary tension in your relationship, and you will have even less space between the two of you to relieve that tension. Especially when you're out working and she's going out with her female friends.

So to put this in perspective you need a part-time job where you will be making $25 an hour assuming you work 8 hours a day to make the $200?

Also, what is wrong with a 1 bedroom if it is just you two? IMO if you are not ready to sleep in the same bed you probably aren't ready to move in together.

also you're going to get stressed from paying that much more than her and the first time she goes on a shopping spree you are going to flip your shit

and yeah, i don't see why a couple can't live in a 1-bedroom

maybe he just thinks she's his girlfriend. She leads him on while slutting around behind his back.

You shouldn't even consider moving out until you have at least $2000-3000 saved in case shit hits the fan, which is usually inevitable given the described scenario.

Also, what is wrong with a 1 bedroom if it is just you two? IMO if you are not ready to sleep in the same bed you probably aren't ready to move in together.

We are sleeping in the same bed. Second bedroom is going to be our office/guest bedroom.

Back