In this thread we discuss our favorite Looney Tunes characters.

there are lots of looney tunes up on youtube. if you search for foghorn there were at least 6 or 7 of just his uploaded last time I checked.

Yosemite Sam and Speedy are my #2 and #3 favs. Bugs #4, Wile E. Coyote #5

While I love the Foghorn Leghorn, Duck! Rabbit! Duck! is still my favorite cartoon short of all time.

I think, technically, they are looney tunes.

Shit son, good call. You made me look into it.

I guess technically they are, but you really can't consider them in the same category. There were Looney Tunes and then there were the Animaniacs and crew.

Still, all awesome animation.

Wat was the name of the big red nothing but hair guy that always showed up when marvin did? i liked him to

Gogo_Dodo.jpg

Just wanted to drop in and say, fuck Looney Toons. Tex Avery has the real classics. Droopy over any of those fags.
I always preferred Dixie Wolf or Barney Bear to Droopy, but Tex definitely had some classics.

And as to Pinky and the Brain, I loved "Animaniacs", and while that stable of characters may have lived in and around the Warner lot, if the cartoons don't start with:
Looney_Tunes.png

...they ain't "Looney Tunes".

I always preferred Dixie Wolf or Barney Bear to Droopy, but Tex definitely had some classics.

And as to Pinky and the Brain, I loved "Animaniacs", and while that stable of characters may have lived in and around the Warner lot, if the cartoons don't start with:
Looney_Tunes.png

...they ain't "Looney Tunes".

What is this "ain't" that you speak of? And actually, Looney Tunes is a term which encompassed all of the WB cartoon characters at that time.

What is this "ain't" that you speak of?
A colloquialism having equivalent meaning to "aren't" or "isn't", depending on whether or not its noun is plural ("they ain't") or singular ("I ain't"); thought to have originated in the south.

And actually, Looney Tunes is a term which encompassed all of the WB cartoon characters at that time.
And "that time" wasn't the early to mid 90's. Wikipedia may list those characters (and others from the same time frame) as members of "Looney Tunes" because they're in the Warner Bros. stable, but they aren't. Find me one t-shirt, poster, or piece of "Looney Tunes" merchandise (one with the logo from the screenshot) and I'll concede. Otherwise, Pinky, Brain, Yakko and his sibs, Elmyra, Buster and Babs, and any other character that didn't appear on the "Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Show" on Saturday mornings fall into the category of "Warner Bros. cartoon", not "Looney Tunes."

cliffs: stfu meber

Gort, while I agree and think you're correct (they're two different sets of characters) I'm pretty sure they did overlap from time to time.

But they made it very clear that it was some sort of Looney Tunes homage. Like Bugs would show up to offer advice to the Animaniacs, as he was the "veteran cartoon guy" at the studio.

fuuuck I miss the days of good cartoons.

Gort, while I agree and think you're correct (they're two different sets of characters) I'm pretty sure they did overlap from time to time.

But they made it very clear that it was some sort of Looney Tunes homage. Like Bugs would show up to offer advice to the Animaniacs, as he was the "veteran cartoon guy" at the studio.

fuuuck I miss the days of good cartoons.
Crossovers would be inevitable in the Warner universe. Saying Pinky and the Brain are "Looney Tunes" is like saying Spider-Man was an X-Man.

(And several LT characters showed up on "Tiny Toons" as instructors, but I don't recall ever seeing them on "Animaniacs".)

Find me one t-shirt, poster, or piece of "Looney Tunes" merchandise (one with the logo from the screenshot) and I'll concede. Otherwise, Pinky, Brain, Yakko and his sibs, Elmyra, Buster and Babs, and any other character that didn't appear on the "Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Show" on Saturday mornings fall into the category of "Warner Bros. cartoon", not "Looney Tunes."

cliffs: stfu meber

Concede? Rofl, at this point, without your concession, that would make the rest of the world wrong, and you right. Not to mention, I wasn't in any sort of argument or race with you which requires a concession, I was merely stating fact.

Crossovers would be inevitable in the Warner universe. Saying Pinky and the Brain are "Looney Tunes" is like saying Spider-Man was an X-Man.

(And several LT characters showed up on "Tiny Toons" as instructors, but I don't recall ever seeing them on "Animaniacs".)

Yeah, you're right. Not disagreeing with you there.. they're not Looney Tunes.

And I think you may even be right about the Tiny Toons bit. It's been a fuckload of time since I've seen them, and I may be crossing cartoons.. but I could've sworn that Looney Tunes characters showed up on the Animaniacs at least once.

Concede? Rofl, at this point, without your concession, that would make the rest of the world wrong, and you right. Not to mention, I wasn't in any sort of argument or race with you which requires a concession, I was merely stating fact.
Your facts are in error.

From wikipedia.com: "Looney Tunes is a Warner Brothers animated cartoon series which ran in many movie theaters from 1930 to 1969".

1969. That's roughly 30 years prior to Babs, Buster, and Brain (and crew).

Admittedly, this list: List of Looney Tunes characters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
contains both "Tiny Toons" and "Animaniacs" characters. This list is obviously incorrect.

Back