I'm tired. I need a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow!

thank you very much for all teh hard work you have put into these games. my wife my hate your effing guts but, i wub you!1 :)

if the community were to donate money into a huge pool to have you and co. start working on another epic game, who much money would it take to get it from start to finish?

there are a lot of people, mostly adults (althought it may not seem like so) that play this series and what if we were to foot the bill? what would we be looking at?

once again! thank you very much for all teh hard work youve done.

Thank you Thrax for your hard work and devotion to the Tribes community. Don't be a stranger.

Thrax Panda said:
When Dynamix closed it was losing money, not because of the core games groups, but because of the stuff like Pro Bull Rider. T2 made profit as far as I know. Of late, Sierra has been putting out quality titles that have made money or at least hit the break even (or are expected to). T:V, Evil Genius, Empire Earth 2, Larry, Homeworld 2, Swat 4, Halflife 2, Metal Arms. All of these are solid titles (not blizzard level, but good) I would expect that lineup to make about 2 to 10 times what was put into it. The losses came from (in my opinion) some questionable movie tie-in games. I didn't have access to the books, but I can't imagine that Hulk, Van Helsing, Buffy, or any of the LotR/Hobbit games made any money. Maybe the Hulk did. :shrug: but what are you going to do, close the main office and leave the satellite open? Something had to be closed to save money, and there was really only one option.

Ahh.. to be an insider.. Oh.. Mulligan is going around claiming he taught you half of everything he knows. You going to take that from him? : )

Enjoy a well-earned rest, Thrax. You always seemed to know what you were talking about. I'll remember you in my will.

Is there another job you will be doing somewhere else? If so do tell. The vast majority of the tribes community will miss you and appreciate your efforts to keep the tribes franchise alive.

Thrax Panda said:
When Dynamix closed it was losing money, not because of the core games groups, but because of the stuff like Pro Bull Rider. T2 made profit as far as I know. Of late, Sierra has been putting out quality titles that have made money or at least hit the break even (or are expected to). T:V, Evil Genius, Empire Earth 2, Larry, Homeworld 2, Swat 4, Halflife 2, Metal Arms. All of these are solid titles (not blizzard level, but good) I would expect that lineup to make about 2 to 10 times what was put into it. The losses came from (in my opinion) some questionable movie tie-in games. I didn't have access to the books, but I can't imagine that Hulk, Van Helsing, Buffy, or any of the LotR/Hobbit games made any money. Maybe the Hulk did. :shrug: but what are you going to do, close the main office and leave the satellite open? Something had to be closed to save money, and there was really only one option.

Oooooh Empire Earth is coming? :eek:

/me drools.

Sweet.

I thought it was EA that made all the shoddy movie tie-ins...
This is the kinda thing that worries me about getting a degree in games animation or programming.

Thrax you rocked, the team rocked, and everyone involved in this rocks.

You guys put time and effort into these forums, helping and posting. It was as if we were playing a MMORPG at the amount of DEV feedback there were. You also made us feel very important. :)

Seriously, I hope you guys the best of luck, and hopefully you'll never leave us. :)

Im sure what ever you do next will be just as positive as T:V. Thanks to you and everyone else for breathing new life into Tribes.

Well, good luck to you Thrax......don't be a stranger around here - we can always use people with a God complex :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back