I'm considering immigrating to New Zealand

New Zealand was awesome when I went there for 16 days...based on those 16 days I would certainly live there

but yeah i think the job options aren't the best

if auckland nz, is where your going you must get yourself one of these little "clothed" stinkers. its in!
dog-clothes-tuxedo-1.jpg

As has been said, Lots of kiwis travel can be found overseas, and it's usually down to employment/economics. While it's a beautiful country and all, the economy just doesn't have a whole lot going for it. I'd suggest "nice place to visit, probably wouldn't want to live there".. Though if you're taking your US dollars with you... it's certainly not as good as it once was, but you'll still get more kiwi dollars for your greenback. It's just that once you're there and earning nzd, going back would be pretty tough..

I wish the rugby world cup was in 4 years time, and not this year. I would of had a chance at doing it then. :(

As has been said, Lots of kiwis travel can be found overseas, and it's usually down to employment/economics. While it's a beautiful country and all, the economy just doesn't have a whole lot going for it. I'd suggest "nice place to visit, probably wouldn't want to live there".. Though if you're taking your US dollars with you... it's certainly not as good as it once was, but you'll still get more kiwi dollars for your greenback. It's just that once you're there and earning nzd, going back would be pretty tough..

Both teachers (she fits 3 categories) and Paramedics are on their essential skills list, and it's short list.

There are millions of Kiwis living in Australia. Employment mostly or we have a more generous welfare system.

They have problems of their own with the Maoris but anything would be better than niggers with guns. They are pretty highly taxed as is Australia so bank on losing 33 - 35% of what you earn. 50% if you are making big, big money and don't have a good accountant.

income tax rates are
10.5% for <$14000
17.5% for $14000 - $48000
33% for >$48000

two major jobsearch sites:
SEEK - New Zealand's no.1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site
Trade Me Jobs - Thousands of New Zealand jobs. Find a job today

find things to buy online (furnitures, houses, cars, undies) like ebay and/or craiglist:
Buy online and sell with NZ's #1 auction & classifieds site | Trade Me
sella New Zealand - sella Online Auctions & Classifieds | New Zealand

compare NZ electrical goods online:
PriceSpy - The new generation of price comparisons

open a NZ bank account from usa:
National Bank: Moving to New Zealand

good luck.

Have you been there yet? You know you can get a free working holiday visa which lets you work and travel for a year. Go do that first.. find out what you like.

If u do go thru with it you will probably get residency and move to australia right away once you realize that its bigger, better, and you can make way more money.

good luck!

a serious thing to consider which you might not have because you didn't mention it is that anything you earn in NZ will be taxed twice... you'll pay NZ taxes, and then you'll also have to pay US taxes. it's annoying but there's no way to get around it other than expatriating (renouncing US citizenship), but you didn't say that was part of the plan.

Back