Iceland

Pak

Veteran XV
I cycled around Iceland last summer, it was cold and windy but it was a great experience. Probably the best trip of my life. I spent just over 3 weeks riding and then spent the last 10 days with friends driving around and surfing.

fCOUjcD.jpg

bl2sjj7.jpg

631cJbO.jpg

edvMGTf.jpg

zrYy7ab.jpg

uWHJDX3.jpg

32PSr0T.jpg

bOI4V2Y.jpg

Cpdtt8u.jpg

Tv95OGw.jpg

9EDbuwb.jpg

Wjsn6Zj.jpg

3ScEeSE.jpg

WIKp7cN.jpg

Wniw2C6.jpg

mE5EUpI.jpg

BypCNdb.jpg

oh it's a straggler

rad

I kinda wish I bought a steel cross bike instead of the plastic one I ended up with.

I cycled around Iceland last summer, it was cold and windy but it was a great experience. Probably the best trip of my life. I spent just over 3 weeks riding and then spent the last 10 days with friends driving around and surfing.

BypCNdb.jpg

Any estimate on water temperature when taken?

Any estimate on water temperature when taken?

I think it was 8° or 9° celsius, about 47°f which is really not that bad considering how far north it is. I only surfed on the south shore... it must be much colder in the north of the island.

Any idea of mileage/elevation for the trip? STRAVA?

Something like ~2300km(1500miles). I dont know exactly. I was camping most of the time so my tablet wasnt on unless it was needed. Elevation wouldnt be impressive at all, Iceland is pretty flat. Its the wind that gets you. Going all day against the frigid wind is really exhausting.

This was my initial plan : http://ridewithgps.com/routes/6620969
I didn't deviate too much from it except that I took a ferry which saved me 200km.

Last edited:
That appears to be a fucking epic adventure, even if there was nobody else around to witness it :)

I heard a rumour that Iceland is home to some hot wimminz, is true?

This is really cool. I've been talking about doing something like this for a few years now...one day..one day. How'd the bike hold up? Any wipe outs?

id like to do the same thing

except in a car the whole time, bikes are for the homeless

Back