i love the state of florida

i read some article in reader's digest about the smartest and dumbest states. massachussetts(sp?) was the smartest and FloriDUH(as they put it) was last.

So if everyone's so dumb and they're throwing around college money like paper, what is it like for out of staters. I'm in Michigan and want to go to college in the south. Would they still make me pay the huge out of state tuition or would they hook me up? Mind you I have a GPA of 3.8 and I think 1300 on the SAT is pretty feasable.

-ennui- said:
i read some article in reader's digest about the smartest and dumbest states. massachussetts(sp?) was the smartest and FloriDUH(as they put it) was last.

So if everyone's so dumb and they're throwing around college money like paper, what is it like for out of staters. I'm in Michigan and want to go to college in the south. Would they still make me pay the huge out of state tuition or would they hook me up? Mind you I have a GPA of 3.8 and I think 1300 on the SAT is pretty feasable.

Florida has some of the cheapest out of state tuition rates of any state in the country.

And don't pay attention to polls. (besides Massachussetts are all imports anyway)

Fool said:
Florida has some of the cheapest out of state tuition rates of any state in the country.

And don't pay attention to polls. (besides Massachussetts are all imports anyway)

but would they look at me as some sort of god and just throw tuition money my way?

south east florida (West Palm Beach down to Miami) is the only place to live here, and its probably one of the best in the country

you guys must be experiencing with the shitholes everywhere else in this state

TonyMontana said:
south east florida (West Palm Beach down to Miami) is the only place to live here, and its probably one of the best in the country

you guys must be experiencing with the shitholes everywhere else in this state

if u speakie spanish

its really going to the dogs down here.

america.

do u know what its like to be around people speaking a foreign tongue n YOUR land.

learn the language or get out.

period.

thats the first ordinances ill be proposing when i run for city council.

Sigma8 said:
I have to wonder about that.. maybe FL has 1000 kids with 1600's and the rest have 800. Or something. Or maybe Duval county is more problematic compared to many in the state.. Breaking 970 seemed like a reasonable level to offer some instate money.

Ah, of course, this was probably set before they curved the SATs a bit higher about 6 years ago or so. Maybe they just need to bump the minimum up about 100 points. Problem solved!
They started curving SAT scores? :huh:

The lightning strikes per square mile thing ya got there in FL freaks me out... :scared:

Not to mention the amount of rainfall...that ruins it for me... (I think that is why everyone pretty much lives where they live...cuz they like it there)

I love San Diego...yet there are people who are skitched on the Earthquake thing (which in SD we really don't have...but it still freaks people out).

Last edited:
LostDuck said:
The lightning strikes per square mile thing ya got there in FL freaks me out... :scared:

Not to mention the amount of rainfall...that ruins it for me... (I think that is why everyone pretty much lives where they live...cuz they like it there)

I love San Diego...yet there are people who are skitched on the Earthquake thing (which in SD we really don't have...but it still freaks people out).
Bah. Lightning. Bah.

Bah.

We may not have a State income tax...

But we get raped with user fees and property taxes...

Otherwise it's a great place to live.

It was in the 60's here today.. It'll be up in the high 70's tomorrow and through the weekend :)

Florida is great!

I live in Florida, northwest next to Pensacola.

I enjoy my time here, but there is one thing I hate about Florida.

The motherfucker Bush that runs it. :fu:

Why you may ask he is an asshole? Well, if are still in school you may have heard of this shitty FCAT that everyone has to take and pass to graduate from High School. What is the point of FCAT? IT DOESN'T HAVE A FUCKING POINT!!! It's a BS test that shouldn't been there in the first place.

It's a good thing I passed it, but I had to take it three times before I did.

Back