I dont know how i find this so funny. BTW how did they do this?

Eggi said:
Its just an rc model that looks like a lawn mower.
I just cant figure out what theyre using for lateral control.
IE i dont see anything acting as a rudder, and it confuses and bewilders me!
but ya, cool looking.

no its definately not. The flying lawnmower stunt is an old one, these guys just seem to have perfected it.

It says the Air Show was for the Make a Wish foundation. Maybe some kids wish was for someone to make a flying lawnmower.

Physics be damned.

Beef Welington said:
you can see a propeller attachment on the front of the mower... I assume they rigged a propeller to the engine and bent the bottom blades so that they made a fan. Once you get it started, it lifts up and flies around forwards. I wonder if they were controlling this though... How can you expect something that was clearly not designed for flying to fly with so much stability?
You wonder if they were controlling it?!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Beef Welington said:
no its definately not. The flying lawnmower stunt is an old one, these guys just seem to have perfected it.

No, its an RC Model.
http://www.hardcoreware.net/forum/showthread.php?p=294924#post294924

Anyways, technically u could make a lawnmower fly. But you would need an insanely powerful engine, some sort of movable control surfaces, and some sort of control system on it, cuz itd prolly be unstable...or a really good pilot. For that matter, technically, you can make anything fly, even a brick. But this is an RC model.

Last edited:
Beef Welington said:
HAHAHAHHAHAH ah hahah ahaha ha ha aaa.... ?
You don't do a touch landing like that without control.

You can't do those maneuvers without control.

It's a stupid thing to even speculate.

I don't know shit about aeronautics but...

What if they put a weight inside the lawnmower that they could control the position of, and just slapped an engine on the back. Move the weight to back of it, it flys up; move it to the left, it leans left.

:shrug:

I'm talking out of my ass.

Dyno said:
I don't know shit about aeronautics but...

What if they put a weight inside the lawnmower that they could control the position of, and just slapped an engine on the back. Move the weight to back of it, it flys up; move it to the left, it leans left.

:shrug:

I'm talking out of my ass.
yeah, you're talking out of your ass :\

Beef Welington said:
you can see a propeller attachment on the front of the mower... I assume they rigged a propeller to the engine and bent the bottom blades so that they made a fan. Once you get it started, it lifts up and flies around forwards. I wonder if they were controlling this though... How can you expect something that was clearly not designed for flying to fly with so much stability?

holy fucking christ you're retarded

Vlasic said:
You don't do a touch landing like that without control.

You can't do those maneuvers without control.

It's a stupid thing to even speculate.

Ive seen numerous occasions of people who bent the undersides of the blades on gas mowers. Run really fast with one of them, and it takes off at a level speed. Stays vertical for a few seconds and then loses balance. With controllable surfaces and a front propeller addition, its not stupid to speculate that a lawnmower could be controlled in the air.

Plus, where in fuck do you think somebody got the idea to create a model plane that looks like a fucking lawnmower? Perhaps, and now I dont want to seem pushy, but PERHAPS it was designed to mimic real modified lawnmowers that actually do fly.

Beef Welington said:
Ive seen numerous occasions of people who bent the undersides of the blades on gas mowers. Run really fast with one of them, and it takes off at a level speed. Stays vertical for a few seconds and then loses balance. With controllable surfaces and a front propeller addition, its not stupid to speculate that a lawnmower could be controlled in the air.

Plus, where in fuck do you think somebody got the idea to create a model plane that looks like a fucking lawnmower? Perhaps, and now I dont want to seem pushy, but PERHAPS it was designed to mimic real modified lawnmowers that actually do fly.
Explain to me how they could train the blades to do a couple of consecutive loops and then go into a soft landing at the exact same spot it took off?

Beef Welington said:

No you havent.

Back