How good is your hearing?

I can hear all of those, but I have fucking terrible eyesight. So I guess its a trade-off. Also, I can hear a whining noise from the fans in most tvs, and that make watching tv too annoying to deal with.

I've only got up to 14khz

Then again, I'm 42 nearly and spent most of my life around guns, machinery and loud music without any hearing protection.

Man I thought I had terrible hearing but I can hear everything but 16. For some reason 16 specifically just completely evades me.

Also, hearing these sounds makes me nauseous :sick:

At normal volume, I could just barely hear 18, and then it cut out. When I cranked up the volume on my earbuds, I could hear all of them

10, that's it. I'm a weekend warrior musician. Have those ear buds they talk about in the article. I wear them sometimes.

I can still hear everyone in the cube farm.

I played 18kHz and could barely hear it at a high volume.

My dog, however, was sleeping in the corner and got up all alert. I played it a few more times and he looked around frantically, then he ran out of the room jolting each time I played it.

up to 18 on my old shitty earphones. I'll try later on skullcandy's.

This isnt a very good test of how good your hearing is though. I can hear a car approaching a good minute away when everyone else is saying 'wtf are you talking about?'. And then after it comes by they're like 'how the hell did you hear that that far away?'. I can pick up lower pitched noises much better. I think I must have learned how after working alone at night at gas stations for a couple years out of highschool and I had to worry about getting robbed. You learn to be really aware of your surroundings. I'm still able to hear a car door shutting from 50 feet away inside a building :lol:

I couldn't hear 17, but I could hear 18 and 21 if I turned up my volume real high (using ear buds). Shitty dell sound though, who knows if it's reproducing correctly at all.

Back