hello, I'm a PC

this thread is full of complete idiots associating a computer with the image it's own marketing campaign projects.

you claim mac users are worse than bible thumpers, but everytime anyone posts anything contradictory to your opinion you snap back with "I MET MAC USERS THEY ARE ALL JERKS" or "MACS SUCK"

funny how no one gets the irony.

well, have fun guys,

ps. bitchface is a pimp

I hardly think I am defending Apple because they are Apple, as you hate Apple because it is Apple.

I am arguing because I believe you are wrong. Much like I would argue against a Mac user saying Windows XP crashes, needs restarts every day and is easily overtaken by viruses.

I like to think I am being impartial. At least I think I am.

Point taken.

As for the pricing thing, I pointed out previously that, with the proper coupons (it's annoying, but saves a bunch), I can get a blazing fast Dell laptop for $1500. With those same coupons, I can get a lower end dual core laptop for $600.

Of course, that's comparing one retailer to another. They both have their markups. The real savings comes in the desktop market, where I can pick and choose my hardware to be the most powerful/reliable/cheap. I could never do that with a mac. So I guess that, when it comes to desktop pricing, I think it's almost always a waste to purchase a pre-built system; Purchasing a mac is just a bit more of a waste than the others. You just don't see me complaining about Dell/HP/Compaq because you'll never see a Compaq user preaching about their pc like it's the god damned holy grail.

Last edited:
i haven't used a mac since 1992 so i couldn't honestly say how good or bad they are.

well, i did fuck up one at compusa a few months ago by clicking on shit that i probably shouldn't have.

7365mac.jpg

You just don't see me complaining about Dell/HP/Compaq because you'll never see a Compaq user preaching about their pc like it's the god damned holy grail.

notice that in this whole thread, there is not a single "macs are the holy grail" post

just a bunch of apple-haters juggling each others' ballsacks.

notice that in this whole thread, there is not a single "macs are the holy grail" post

just a bunch of apple-haters juggling each others' ballsacks.

What would you expect from a forum of gamers? Macs don't play games, therefore everyone here thinks they suck. So far, only 2 people have chimed in to defend macs: you, who are a self admitted non-mac user, and bitchface, who seems to think that macs are a bargain to purchase (even though their cost is >= pcs)

Just because this thread is on a forum consisting of pc users doesn't change the fact that I have never met a mac user IRL who didn't try to preach to me about how superior macs are in every way.

Point taken.

As for the pricing thing, I pointed out previously that, with the proper coupons (it's annoying, but saves a bunch), I can get a blazing fast Dell laptop for $1500. With those same coupons, I can get a lower end dual core laptop for $600.
There is no denying Dell makes some of the most affordable computer systems.

However, to say Apple computers are overpriced is somewhat ridiculous. With everything accounted for, they are around 200$ more expensive. There is a premium for the smaller form factor, bundled software and a Steve Jobs reach around.
krustyy said:
I can pick and choose my hardware to be the most powerful/reliable/cheap. I could never do that with a mac. So I guess that, when it comes to desktop pricing, I think it's almost always a waste to purchase a pre-built system
There you have it. If you can build your own system at a smaller price, that's more power to you.

Apple is in the same boat as the other companies you named. They are making pre-built systems for a specific market that isn't you. How do you think they would sell those 2,000$ systems at Best Buy?

What would you expect from a forum of gamers? Macs don't play games, therefore everyone here thinks they suck.
That's it.

Most people here will have a skewed perspective about Apple, which will more than likely be wrong. That's what I want to prove.
bitchface, who seems to think that macs are a bargain to purchase (even though their cost is >= pcs)
BitchFace said:
The price is average but hardly overpriced.
the fact that I have never met a mac user IRL who didn't try to preach to me about how superior macs are in every way.
You said that already. And I told you it's only normal for them to vouch for what they use and like.

Talk to a Ford enthusiast into driving anything else. It's not going to happen. It's the same thing for every user group.

That's it.

Most people here will have a skewed perspective about Apple, which will more than likely be wrong. That's what I want to prove.You said that already. And I told you it's only normal for them to vouch for what they use and like.

Talk to a Ford enthusiast into driving anything else. It's not going to happen. It's the same thing for every user group.

Is it really that skewed? Even at a price of "up to $200 more," it's definately not cheaper.

Even if a person is not a gamer, they are still limited by software (when running OSX).

And if the new basis for arguing that macs are better becomes the whole "I can run XP on a mac" thing, it will just make macs the same as a retail pc except with expensive upgrades.

Even if a person is not an electronics enthusiast, they will likely eventually need to upgrade. When they do, they'll discover that the price is higher and the selection is fewer for upgrades.

And I suppose the most important bit of insight would be this: If mac purchases are restricted to people that don't know how to build a pc, don't game, don't upgrade their systems, and don't use boot camp to run XP and OSX, what business do they have touting their system's superiority when they can't even be classified as a power user?

Mac users can spend all the money they want on a mac; I don't care since I don't plan on buying one for myself. What really gets me about macs are when these mac users run around with their "facts" to try to get other people to buy macs.

For example, my little sister is leaving for college this year. My brother-in-law's brother is a mac zealot. He literally spent hours trying to convince my dad to get my sister a mac laptop because they're the best for college. Afterwards, my dad came and asked me if he really should get her a mac because it's literally twice as expensive as a similar model Dell. Because of this one guy, I had to waste a bunch of time explaining to my father that ALL of the applications she will need in college will run on a PC while she is guaranteed to come across incompatible software if she had a mac.

Last edited:
you guys all try way too hard.

I bought a mac because I've always liked how they're packaged. I really like the new OS. I really like that it's intel based.

I bought something because I really liked it, i'm a horrible person.

I do however agree that some Mac Fags will go zerg on PC users, and that's retarded. If someone asked me which to buy, mac or pc, I would say buy what you like.

Is it really that skewed? Even at a price of "up to $200 more," it's definately not cheaper.
I don't recall saying Apple computers were cheaper. The price is average.

But yes, it is really skewed. Take Data and BEAST420 for example.

Even if a person is not a gamer, they are still limited by software (when running OSX).
If they are not a gamer, their use for a computer is entertainment or work. You will find every major IM client, music player, video player, Internet browser and all that good stuff for OS X. You will also find word processors, image and video editing software.

If you're in a niche market, you buy the system that works best for you. Print and design work tend to go for Macs and animation will have PCs.

From another thread.
BitchFace said:
"Made for Windows" owns the market so I won't argue with that one.
The amount of software available for Windows is staggering. No other OS will get anywhere near that.
And if the new basis for arguing that macs are better becomes the whole "I can run XP on a mac" thing, it will just make macs the same as a retail pc except with expensive upgrades.
"The same as a retail PC." You said it yourself.

No one, at least I didn't say they were better.
Even if a person is not an electronics enthusiast, they will likely eventually need to upgrade. When they do, they'll discover that the price is higher and the selection is fewer for upgrades.
What's stopping a Mac user from upgrading his RAM and HDD? What's stopping an HP, Compaq and Acer user from upgrading his RAM and HDD? If they go through the original manufacturer, yes the price will be higher, of course. If they buy it themselves, no. It's the same for a Mac or a PC.
And I suppose the most important bit of insight would be this: If mac purchases are restricted to people that don't know how to build a pc, don't game, don't upgrade their systems, and don't use boot camp to run XP and OSX, what business do they have touting their system's superiority when they can't even be classified as a power user?
Now, really. You just mashed 4 different types of people into one.

But I'll play along. That, seemingly ignorant Mac user who keeps on claiming their system's superiority and pushing in that direction.

It sounds a lot like a PC user who keeps on refusing to admit a Mac is a hell of a lot like a PC.
What really gets me about macs are when these mac users run around with their "facts" to try to get other people to buy macs.
I rund around with my facts to tell people they are wrong.

It sounds a lot like a PC user who keeps on refusing to admit a Mac is a hell of a lot like a PC.

Ok, you need to shut the fuck up now.

Mac's entire current campaign is how a mac is NOTHING like a PC, because PCs are inept, and can't do fun things.

The major points brought up in this thread:

1) Cost

2) Lack of Software

3) Annoying users

Now that a mac uses the same platform as the PC, the cost has gotten a lot better. However, upgrades are a pain in the ass. I had a mac mini for awhile, loved OSX, but in order to upgrade the memory, you needed a putty knife and some sort of tweezers/needlenose pliars. Are any of the "bargain" macs easier to get into?

You've admitted that Mac will never approach the kind of software base that Windows offers. That's just the way it is. Game developers continue to write for Windows, with a few exceptions.

And as far as annoying users, that certainly seems to be the case. The Mac Elite are some of the most voracious zealots I've ever come into contact with.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is: Shut the fuck up about your god-like Mac. Sure, they're decent machines and the prices aren't nearly as bad as they were. I still don't care. Maybe someday when my laptop dies, I'll get a macbook. Who knows? Shut up, shut up, shut up.

My homebrew PC is infinitely sexier than any Mac.

Macs are obviously inferior on every level.

Please, let's remain civil here. And it's always good to see Data in an Apple thread.
Mac's entire current campaign is how a mac is NOTHING like a PC, because PCs are inept, and can't do fun things.
Their campaign and philosophy. Not mine.

Put the two machines side by side, they're the same thing.
The major points brought up in this thread:

1) Cost
Here we go again. They cost more? Yes. There's a premium. PCs are less expensive. Yes. Comments like "Macs suck because they're overpriced." Don't be ridiculous. And I'm being ridiculous.
2) Lack of Software
Only if you're in a niche market.
3) Annoying users
As annoying as people who want to keep on hating Apple because it's Apple.
I had a mac mini for awhile, loved OSX, but in order to upgrade the memory, you needed a putty knife and some sort of tweezers/needlenose pliars.
I said it in the other thread. A Mac mini is a rather worthless purchase. But when you build the smallest and cheapest computer (from Apple, mind you) you can't expect to have easy upgradeability.
I guess what I'm really trying to say is: Shut the fuck up about your god-like Mac.
I hardly think Apple makes good computers. I'm only here to argue with ignorant PC users.

Back