hello, I'm a PC

Exactly. And the real funny is they paid 30-40% MORE than they could have payed with a PC. I guess ignorance truly is bliss.
here's a great idea. think before you post.

a macbook pro is ~$1300. Do a little research and find some prices for notebooks in the similar class. they are maybe more expensive, but barely so.

now look at the quad core xeon desktops. they are also fairly priced for such beasts of a workstation.

30-40%? either you have no fucking clue what you are talkig about, or you shop out of some guys truck for your ultra-cheap comps.

side note: i dont own or work on a mac. i am just not some idiot who thinks he is rad cause he associates people with the computers they use

Every person I've ever encountered who uses a mac and nothing else is a stuck up wannabe intellectual who thinks they're so ahead of the curve and enlightened simply because they use a mac instead of a PC.

that and the inflated price is pretty much my only beef with macs, nobody's saying they suck/don't work

30-40%? you have no fucking clue what you are talkig about, or you shop out of some guys truck for your ultra-cheap comps.

I can get a dual core 1.8Ghz, 2GB of ram, 120GB 7200rpm hard drive, 7800gt video card, 17" WUXGA+ screen Dell E1705 with a 3 year warranty for about $1500.

And I could run MacOSX on it if I really want to use an OS that can't play games.

pros:
* macs are beautiful pieces of engineering

cons:
* I would never want to associate myself with the insane mac zealots out there
* expensive
* games are not made for macs
* commercials are deceptive, untruthful, and serve only as ammunition for mac zealots to run around telling the joe sixpacks of the world that macs are superior devices
* mac compatible upgrades and accessories are overpriced and have less variety to choose from.

Last edited:
here's a great idea. think before you post.

a macbook pro is ~$1300. Do a little research and find some prices for notebooks in the similar class. they are maybe more expensive, but barely so.

now look at the quad core xeon desktops. they are also fairly priced for such beasts of a workstation.

30-40%? either you have no fucking clue what you are talkig about, or you shop out of some guys truck for your ultra-cheap comps.

side note: i dont own or work on a mac. i am just not some idiot who thinks he is rad cause he associates people with the computers they use

Maybe you should get a clue. The only reason why macs are cheaper now is because of the intel processors and hardware. Before switching to intel, you would have to pay an average of 25% more for the system and about 40-50% more for upgrades and accessories.

Kids these days... :rolleyes:

Every person I've ever encountered who uses a mac and nothing else is a stuck up wannabe intellectual who thinks they're so ahead of the curve and enlightened simply because they use a mac instead of a PC.
You can say the same about the "stuck up wannabe intellectual who thinks they're so ahead of the curve and enlightened simply because they use" Linux, or any other operating system.

There's the same small proportion of ignorant users for all parties.
Exactly. And the real funny is they paid 30-40% MORE than they could have payed with a PC. I guess ignorance truly is bliss.
Obviously, ignorance is truly bliss.

Food for thought:
  • Find a 13.3" notebook with a Core Duo processor for 660$.
  • Find a desktop computer with a Core Duo processor, Radeon X1600 128 MB and 17" widescreen LCD for 780$.
Macs are too expensive. That's my one problem. Except the lying commercials.
200$ above average could be a lot of money to some. But when buying electronics, everything is expensive.
that and the inflated price is pretty much my only beef with macs, nobody's saying they suck/don't work
macs suck
But he doesn't really count for anything.

blahblahblah

Tell me, why are you so defensive of macs?

You make yourself out to be one of the insane zealots that choose to spout off whatever garbage they see in ads.

I have one more thing to add to my list of cons:
* You can't build your own mac on the cheap. Every single one of my computer components were purchased at a discount and are being pushed beyond spec (overclocked).

There is one of those insane mac users that I work with. We would argue back and forth all day long about mac vs pc, and of course I dont start it. Now when he starts an argument and is thoroughly owned, his defense is to act out the PC guy of those commercials. It makes me so mad because I want to punch him in the face with all my energy.

You can say the same about the "stuck up wannabe intellectual who thinks they're so ahead of the curve and enlightened simply because they use" Linux, or any other operating system.

There's the same small proportion of ignorant users for all parties.Obviously, ignorance is truly bliss.
I don't really want to get caught up in this debate, but I have to address this point. You are correct, that stuck up sense of superiority is the same in Mac users as it is in some Linux users. The difference being that it's the majority of Mac users feel this way, they need to prove they're better, while the majority of Linux users couldn't give a shit what other people think. It's Apple's fucking advertising campaign for fuck's sake.

Tell me, why are you so defensive of macs?

You make yourself out to be one of the insane zealots that choose to spout off whatever garbage they see in ads.
I hardly think I am defending Apple because they are Apple, as you hate Apple because it is Apple.

I am arguing because I believe you are wrong. Much like I would argue against a Mac user saying Windows XP crashes, needs restarts every day and is easily overtaken by viruses.

I like to think I am being impartial. At least I think I am.

There's the same small proportion of ignorant users for all parties.Obviously, ignorance is truly bliss.

Food for thought:
  • Find a 13.3" notebook with a Core Duo processor for 660$.
  • Find a desktop computer with a Core Duo processor, Radeon X1600 128 MB and 17" widescreen LCD for 780$.
200$ above average could be a lot of money to some. But when buying electronics, everything is expensive.But he doesn't really count for anything.

We aren't talkiong about Linux here, try to stay on topic mkay?

As for finding all that crap you are spouting, even if you found a bargain-basement computer store it really wouldn't change my opinion.

Like I said, worse than bible thumpers.

I don't really want to get caught up in this debate, but I have to address this point. You are correct, that stuck up sense of superiority is the same in Mac users as it is in some Linux users. The difference being that it's the majority of Mac users feel this way, they need to prove they're better, while the majority of Linux users couldn't give a shit what other people think. It's Apple's fucking advertising campaign for fuck's sake.
Somehow, if anything Linux were to be marketed, there would be the same situation for Linux users.

Take link_ for example. You're going to say, "Hey, that's a bad example, you just picked one of the zealots out of the 99 others who don't care what others think."

This is the same for Mac users. You're picking at the ones who speak up.

We aren't talkiong about Linux here, try to stay on topic mkay?

As for finding all that crap you are spouting, even if you found a bargain-basement computer store it really wouldn't change my opinion.

Like I said, worse than bible thumpers.
That's rich.

Obviously the point about Linux was way over your head.

Even if I "found a bargain-basement computer store?" I'm asking you to find such machines for the prices you claimed.

Somehow, if anything Linux were to be marketed, there would be the same situation for Linux users.

Take link_ for example. You're going to say, "Hey, that's a bad example, you just picked one of the zealots out of the 99 others who don't care what others think."

This is the same for Mac users. You're picking at the ones who speak up.

I've never met a person that primarily uses a mac that didn't run around preaching their superiority.

Never.

And I've met several dozen mac users.

It's that vocal, elitist attitude mac users have that make them just as annoying as that new ad campaign.

Additional anecdote: my old roommate was a pc user. He was always an arrogant elitist bastard, so I suppose it is was only natural for him to eventually buy a mac laptop. Now, all of the sudden, macs are like a gift from God to him.

Last edited:
I've never met a person that primarily uses a mac that didn't run around preaching their superiority.

Never.

And I've met several dozen mac users.
I've never met a person that primarily uses Linux who didn't run around preaching their superiority.

Never. Actually, that's not true.

And I've met several dozen Linux users.

It's only natural to vouch for and to try to sell the merits of the things you use and like. Nothing wrong with that. Just don't get stupid.

Back