[Halp] Roommate has IBS.

FlAmE

Veteran X
What the fuck do I do.

Move houses, attempted suicide, removal of glands in nose.

Any suggestions to help him with this IBS.

IBS is an abbreviation with several meanings:

* Irritable bowel syndrome, a disorder of the bowel <-----Is this it?
* IBS, a satirical news channel on the BBC's programme Broken News
* ICFAI Business School, an MBA School in India
* Institute of Broadcast Sound, a UK broadcasting professional association
* INTELSAT business service, a satellite communication standard provided by INTELSAT
* Intercollegiate Broadcasting System - serves college/community radio stations, streaming webcasters, etc.
* International Bible Society, a group that translates and publishes the Bible with the intent of Christian proselytization
* International Bank Services Inc., an investment bank
* International Biogeography Society, a society for the study of biogeography
* International Biometric Society, an academic statistical association for mathematical and statistical methods in the biosciences
* Internet Broadcasting, a web design firm focused on broadcast television
* Intrabeam Scattering, a collective effect arising in high-intensity particle beams
* Intelligent Building Solutions, an automation company
* IBS Software Services, an airline, cargo, Logistics products and services company
* Identical by State, a genetic term also known as non-identical by type (NIBT)
* International Builders' Show, an annual trade show organized by the National Association of Home Builders
* Indiana Boys School, a former name of Plainfield Juvenile Correctional Facility
* Instytutu Badań Strukturalnych, the Institute for Structural Research

I'm amazed that you thought that we deal with irritable bowel syndrome enough in our day to day life that it was okay to use an abbreviation

I don't get it though. Does he shit his pants? Why is it a problem if he just runs to the bathroom more often than some.

tell him to watch his diet; that's where most of the problems occur
get him some fibercon pills to take daily
this helped me a lot with my stomach problems (IBS or IBS-like, not really sure)

Last edited:
He should know enough to avoid the foods and stress that trigger an episode. It's different for everyone. Do not confuse this with lactose intolerance. I enjoy gallons of dairy products without triggering an episode, but if I drink one carbonated beverage or have a single Taco Hell taco... I'll be shitting molten lava for three days straight and hitting the pot six to ten times each day.
The wife put me on a gluten free diet for a month and for three weeks out of that month, I shit fire four to six times a day.

I have IBS started about 6 years ago and when I first got it I got sick all the time. I have to avoid dairy and food that is too spicy or greasy.
Now with diet, exercise, and learning to handle stress better I barely have any symptoms at all and when I do there are nothing compared to what they once were.

Back