[halp] Playstation 3 & Bluray

captaninsayno

Veteran X
I'm going to break down and finally buy the awesome blu-rayness of a PS3.

What games should I get? Is littlebigplanet any good?

What about movies? I finally have a surround setup so I'm looking for movie suggestions that have great sound.

i have a ps3 and mainly use it for bluray...i only play worms, bomberman and fifa (rarely) with friends

Littlebig is just decent wholesome goodness. Great platformer and the player made levels have reached retarded levels of creativity.

Fallout3 if you havent played it for comp. Infamous is a blast, super freeform.

should i definitely play through GoW 1 and 2 before playing 3? i played through most of 1 but haven't played 2. I suppose I could get the remastered ones?

If you're into truly challenging and totally awesome games... get GOW collection and then GOW3. Wipeout HD over PSN is great for speed, amazing HD graphics, and trippy shit. Infamous is my favorite PS3 game and it has tons of re playability. LBP is great and Modnation Racers is coming out in the next few months and it should be awesome.

i dunno i played 3 without playing the previous two. i guess there are a few minor plot points you miss but the game really isn't about the plot anyway. the remastered disk is just $30 but i'm not going to get it bc i'm expecting ps2 emulation of them on pc to be perfected pretty soon, and that would look better since it would run at 1920x1200.

awesome... i'll get lbp and maybe GoW 3

what were your first blurays? I figure i'd get something pretty action-y or at least something that would take advantage of the HD sound.

i don't have any blurays. i dl all my movies so i just have the ps3 to play whatever i can't pirate :f

i dunno i played 3 without playing the previous two. i guess there are a few minor plot points you miss but the game really isn't about the plot anyway. the remastered disk is just $30 but i'm not going to get it bc i'm expecting ps2 emulation of them on pc to be perfected pretty soon, and that would look better since it would run at 1920x1200.

The thing with the collection is that the game is not just a port. It's redone with better textures and stuff. I don't think the ps2 emulation is going to get that.

Never played the God of War games so I went out and got the collection with parts 1 & 2 from Fry's for $26

already got through the first one and probably half way through the second now. REALLY like these games and they look great. I'll get the 3rd one for sure when I'm done.

As far as PS3 funtimes

- Uncharted 1 & 2 (These are DO NOT MISS games!)
- Ratchet and Clank (hilarious and lots of fun....like playing a Pixar movie)
- Resistance 1 & 2 are the HALO games of PS3. Very creative weapons, great GFX great action
- Whatever your sports fancy (Madden, NCAA football, NCAA B-ball, NBA, FIFA are all terrific)
- ROCK BAND 2!
- Bad Company 2 is terrific

also, not sure if you already have a 360 but games that aren't exclusive that are great on PS3

GTA IV
Batman Arkham Asylum

gow of war 3 is my favorite action game this generation, best console graphics also, gow collection looks spectacular too.....anxiously waiting for Gran Turismo 5 later this year!

Little Big Planet is creative and visually stunning.

But my favorite PS3 game by far, and a favorite of any console or genre, was: Valkryia Chronicles. Best turn based strategy rpg since XCOM: UFO Defense.

Back