I'm wondering…
How my life would be
If I lost the sun? ? ?

So please…
Stay here by my side,
I am so lost …
And you are my only guide

Last edited:
Hey - they should all do a lip sync video of - oh I don't know - Harvey Danger Flagpole Sittah or sumthing...

Last edited:
on a more serious good for Col

it's nice to see after 9-10 years TWers grow up and move on with their lives

it's the ones that are still stuck in life at where they were in 2000 that should start worrying

Well, how I see Tribes Universe playing out is that your progress would be accumulative from the day you start the game until you stop playing. For example, when you first start the game you would work your way up through levels that then allow you to take advantage of higher end stuff. So you might be an infantry with a booster, but not a full on jet pack. Now of course your clan could provide you with higher end stuff, but there would be levels associated with those items, and so for example, someone starting out wouldn't get to use the equivalent of a lights T2 armor/Jet pack/Weapons.

This would all come into play for random skirmishes (pubbing) that would happen as clans bump into each other in this world.

There would be a matrix of sorts, that would be used for tournaments. This would operate much like Tribes as we know it. Each team would wager supplies/money on the outcome of the match. Also this would be a fast way of leveling up your character.

Outside of this tournament matrix, you would have the real game world, where if your armor is destroyed, its permanently gone, at least until repaired, or replaced. Clans would have basis where they would keep their goods. Lower level clans would be in protected cities, but higher level clans would have these basis that solely rely upon their own defense mechanisms, ranging from turrets, to force fields, to bots.

Anyway, that gives you an idea where I'm going with that thought pattern.

Wow. Ok. Let me answer a few questions...

Yes. I work at Red 5 Studios.

Red 5 Studios is a new game development studio working on a brand new MMO game of it's own creation.

I was hired last week to be the Community Manager for the project.

I can't give out any info on the game yet, but rest assured as soon as I can, you will all be informed promptly.

I'm not sure who hosts the site, but I will find out. If there's one thing I do know how to do it's how to make a site handle traffic on a budget. :)

Thank you for the support. I'm extremely excited about what we're putting together and I can't wait to share it.

Back