Give me one *good* reason why gay marriage should be illegal

OK - I can give you one good reason - adults should be able to marry whatever other adult they want to because law should not put limits on love. If we are going to create a societal and legal classification for "marriage" then it should be open to all. That said, would I care if there was no legal classification for "marriage"? Nope. Strong emotional bonds don't need anything other than the commitment of those involved.

Namaste

That said, would I care if there was no legal classification for "marriage"? Nope. Strong emotional bonds don't need anything other than the commitment of those involved.
I can give one very good reason for why there should be a legal classification for marriage: next of kin status.

The number one contender for next of kin is the spouse, whom you get to choose. Everyone that comes after that is family, whom you never got to choose.

Marriage is the only way for people who have no families, or bad relationships with their closest family members, to make their next of kin someone they can trust to care about them and do right by them.

I can give one very good reason for why there should be a legal classification for marriage: next of kin status.

The number one contender for next of kin is the spouse, whom you get to choose. Everyone that comes after that is family, whom you never got to choose.

Marriage is the only way for people who have no families, or bad relationships with their closest family members, to make their next of kin someone they can trust to care about them and do right by them.

Or they could write up POA forms, wills, etc. I'm health care POA for a good friend of mine who is currently deployed to Afghanistan.

BECAUSE GAY PEOPLE LOVING EACH OTHER AND BUILDING MULTI GENERATIONAL WEALTH AND HAVING ACCESS AND AUTHORITY OVER EACH OTHER FOR MEDICAL AND FINANCIAL ISSUES IS GOING AGAINST GOD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Or they could write up POA forms, wills, etc. I'm health care POA for a good friend of mine who is currently deployed to Afghanistan.

:rofl:
yea mister doctor man
lets trust people to take an extra step
how many non doctors have POA or have end of care wills drafted up
or hell
fucking something so probate doesnt fuck their estate (what little they may have)

5%? maybe?

suck a dick
dont give me that holier than thou shit either
this is the reality we live in.

my wills and POA and end of life care and shit cost thousands of dollars to execute by the way
so thanks for making it impossible for at least 50% of americans btw

OK - I can give you one good reason - adults should be able to marry whatever other adult they want to because law should not put limits on love.
Namaste

What does love have to do with marriage?

Pretty sure people of any preference are allowed to love, no one is stopping that.

Usually one excludes the other anyway.

yea mister doctor man
or hell
fucking something so probate doesnt fuck their estate (what little they may have)

5%? maybe?

suck a dick

my wills and POA and end of life care and shit cost thousands of dollars to execute by the way
Lol wat. If you are paying more than a couple hundred for a poa/will you are getting raped

It involved some other stuff too now that i'm thinking about it in the garish light of day

Probably 700 for the regular stuff. Still, court house marriage is under 200 so idk. Takes less time too

I assume you actually mean child molestation, not pedophilia. I can squarely say that I don't want to make child molestation legal. Do you believe me?

anyone else notice how carefully this was worded

I know uno is paying attention to what the underlying tone and point of this conversation really seems to be

DriyTEsWoAA0vY0.jpg

DriyUi7W4AIfmwF.jpg

DriyVzvXcAAAy5T.jpg

you don't say

you don't say

I say you can't shame a brony.....that this is why they are brony's to begin with

"Caldwell accepted Pearce's conclusion that McEwen derived sexual arousal not from acts committed against children but from the 'Extreme Humiliation' of her involvement in those acts, which fed her masochism, described as on the moderately severe end"

well aint that some shit.....they actually get off on it. I am essentially helping them get off by laughing at them and trying to humiliate them into being regular humans again.

now I feel :sick:

but have a professional diagnosis for what is going inside of Amadeus and his sick fucking head right now

and throughout this entire thread

yea mister doctor man
or hell

5%? maybe?

suck a dick

My point was that there are ways to obtain the legal statuses you mentioned outside of marriage. Templates for many important legal documents are available for free online, and most banks will notarize documents for free. It's not required that you have an attorney for basic legal documents. Hell, before my dad killed himself, he wrote a handwritten will that was completely legit.

To your first point, I understand - probably better than you - exactly how ignorant and ill-prepared your average person it. I practice medicine in Baltimore. When was the last time you had a discussion about brain death with a family? But that doesn't mean that I abide ignorance. That you seem to is something I find pathetic.

They can't help being attracted. That doesn't mean they can't stop themselves from acting on that attraction.

What do you not get about this?

Gays can't help being attracted, that doesnt mean they can't stop themselves from acting on that attraction.

See how this works....

Back