Gear heads, I wanna add some muscle to my car.

Yes its pretty much the exact same engine thats in the Eclipse, Galant, Stratus and Sebring.

So far I have found two cheaper mods that add a few horse. Found a nice cat-back for $350 that claims to add about 8-9HP and a pulley that adds about 5-10HP(first installer claims its alot better then the header upgrade which claims 5HP) for about $100.

Doc Holliday said:
Of course kits are cheaper for engine designs that have not changed drastically in 50 years. Hell when I worked at Napa I remember that the 305 and 350 Chevy used alot of the exact same parts for well over 15 years.

My car has a Mitsubishi 3.0 V6 that was designed about 3 years ago. These kits have been developed this past year or two.

um, the point there was that you're getting screwed because the 5.0 kit has a larger blower and is still about 1/2 of what you're paying...but if you like having your head in the sand enjoy your stay.

WaterPog said:
um, the point there was that you're getting screwed because the 5.0 kit has a larger blower and is still about 1/2 of what you're paying...but if you like having your head in the sand enjoy your stay.

thats cause parts for a stratus are more scarce than for a rustang.

do you have any clue what parts go into a blower kit?

There's hardly anything there except for the blower it's self and brackets...like I said...keep your head in the sand, I hear it's warmer down there.

This kit includes more then that. Also consider the fact that its custom made and they only plan on selling around 100 of these. I am sure if you produce more then that production costs would be greatly reduced. I don't doubt your car knowledge but when it comes to manufacturing I am sure you know that the more you build the cheaper it gets because they figure out ways to save time and material.

Also look around, try finding a super charger kit for my car for less then that. You can't because they don't fucking make them so I don't have much of a choice and selling my car is not a option.

I assumed that the kit was from vortech, sounds like it's from a shop? Guess I should read a bit better huh?

my ooops. ;)

WaterPog said:
I assumed that the kit was from vortech, sounds like it's from a shop? Guess I should read a bit better huh?

my ooops. ;)

No prob. Lemme get the info, site was down earlier today though. :shrug:

RIPP Modifications, SDS (Supercharger Drive System)
Vortech Supercharger V5 G Trim
SDS Drive belt tensioner
HKS Bypass valve
High grade Silicone couplers
Cold air kit
HKS AFR (fuel controller) With suplemantal instructions
OBDII Code Reader
Oil return and feed lines 300psi nylon reinforced
Oil pan return tap
Mounting hard ware (Nuts, bolts, vacuum fitting, tie wraps)
Stainless Clamps
Brass fittings
RIPP Supercharger emblem
RC engineering 270cc injectors
Boost Variant Fuel Pressure Regulator with Gauge

Site is still down.

All of that is included in the kit of a destruction manual that explains each step. Book time is listed as 8-12 hours. They say its super easy, just time consuming.

This kit is my last upgrade idea. Atleast for now. :)

Last edited:
Back