Game of Thrones Season 8

I'm in full agreement with the show being mishandled. But given Dany's track record of things turning to shit after she conquers a city, one might understand she wasn't in the mood for reverting commoners into her followers. She didn't go back and free the slaves again, she fucking left. She is done dealing with the aftermath.

Power seeking human during her own perceived greatest moment is dealing with the loss of loved ones and feeling betrayed/unloved by those who have survived, now see's her enemy's followers running through the streets. It's revenge against an entire city that has supported people who stole her throne.

*gasp* dany thinks she's knows best yet again???

boy i sure loved it when she burned stuff that was c00l af tho thats y i liked her

dragon r fkn awesome bruh!!

That'd be fine with an extra episode or two of exposition first. A few scenes of her realizing that there is no "retaking" the Iron Throne, that nobody would recognize her as anything but a usurper herself, and finally coming to terms that she is a new conqueror.

That'd be fine with an extra episode or two of exposition first. A few scenes of her realizing that there is no "retaking" the Iron Throne, that nobody would recognize her as anything but a usurper herself, and finally coming to terms that she is a new conqueror.

but that is boring tv

i hated how when they switched angles on people's faces their expressions were different. such lazy production. it was so obvious and distracting, especially Dany

as for going psycho, i figured it could happen but against jon and family not innocent people.

but the whole season sucked and the production was so awful i had no emotion for anyone except maybe laughter , ie the fight at the beach

r0yqkycy4mz21.jpg

JRRM goes down the rabbit hole of presenting the worst thing that could happen probably will a lot. These decisions don't always makes sense, and depend on the characters being emotional and unpredictable. He mixes horror themes with fantasy, and in those, its a trope that nobody ever does what they should.

Cersi never batted an eye when there were three dragons coming for her. Then they ticked them off one at a time, to make it seem really close. What do they call it when a love relationship has no basis in a story? It's called 'shipping.'

There were several times in the last couple episodes where motivational 'shipping' seemed to occur in the series. I think this is what everyone is mostly angry with: that if the plot was going to go this way, there needed to be linking scenes that made the progression of the story line and her motivation clear.

Danny just kind of comes off as a really wildly varying tyrant who is benevolent on one day, and on another kills everyone in the room and eats their chickens. This seems really odd, but I am not surprised by it. See my earlier comment about painting Brienne into a plot corner in the books with dead Catlyn Stark and Jamie Lannister. Danny just shows us what she is capable of on a bad day.

People talked about the problems for years, and I wasn't really surprised by the ending. When I heard the spoilers I thought well, that just makes sense, based on what he has written before, with scenes like the Red Wedding.

I'm more of a dilemma resolver like JK Rowling. Her books have a main mystery or two in them, and then a lot of little tasks in the scenes that the characters all have to work through together. This is ideal for a young adult book, and it can be pretty smooth. But then the tension is abated, and you have to quickly work into another dilemma.

Martin has a kind of sectioned intro that builds realism, then character familiarity, a belief in innocence and rules, a testing of morals, a build-up of tension, then action and horror, and the dissipation of order. This is the progression he works through in his chapters. Sometimes they end on a really wild scene, and on a down note that is later never worked through. I thought in the books Danny would stumble terribly in Mereen, and then get it all together in Westros, but maybe not.

Last edited:
I wrote a scene in my next book between writing that out.

But really, how many times can you do that in a book before it gets old? I'd say Stephen King used it in It most of the way through, and it worked well because all the historical events took place in the past, and they had been separated or resolved by time. It doesn't work so well if you are trying to hold the story together to a good-ending finish. You just break out the boards and show the police where you buried the body, like the Tell-Tale Heart.

Now that I think about it, it occurs to me that technically Tyrion would've been next in line after Cersei for the Iron Throne. Even though she technically surrendered and died, there was almost no time between that and Dany's death. Tyrion would be a natural successor assuming Jon makes no claim. Have Jon say he doesn't want it, doesn't want to be a Targeryan. Tyrion names him Jon Stark, King of the North, where he grants Umber Hold to Tormund and they set a plan to tear down the wall. Bran tells Tyrion he could probably use a new Master of Whispers, and his actual little birds are ready to help. Sansa remarries him and becomes Queen, and they name Brienne and Pod to the Kingsguard, and Davos the Hand. Sam and Gilly are named Lord and Lady of Highgarden (the Tarly's served Highgarden), and Bronn is given Casterly Rock as compensation. Tyrion's 8 season arc then becomes about learning to play the game (Littlefinger, Varys, Tywin) and learning lessons from the mistakes of every bad ruler (Joffrey, Cersei, Dany). Thank the gods for Bessie. And her tits.

jesus u ppl r overanalyzing this shit
the show was good bc there were no "good" and "bad" guys but just shades of gray
also no plot armor for faggot characters

that's it

Back