Game of Thrones premiers tonight at 9pm on HBO

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

See I like Addy's Robert, it's not exactly how I would picture him back in his skinny warhammer punching in Rhaegars armor days. Yet in his fat drunken party days, thats how I picture him. Although Addy is a little short, camera work can fix that.

Yes I like the character so far (we'll see more depth next week). Robert isn't a "great man" any more.

He's a typical Martin character. He would probably have been seen as heroic when taking the throne, but now he's a warrior with no war who gets drunk.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reading these spoilers makes me wonder what percentage of a book the average person actually reads. Sure their eyes go over the page, but how the hell could you miss some of these plot points?

Reading these spoilers makes me wonder what percentage of a book the average person actually reads. Sure their eyes go over the page, but how the hell could you miss some of these plot points?

There's a lot of characters and backstory.

Whenever I talk to people about books I'm always surprised at just how little they actually take away from them. It makes me feel like people just run their eyes over the pages to get to the next sweet battle.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Last edited:
Spoilers! Some of us haven't read the books yet and people have been kind enough to keep stuff in spoiler tags so far since this is a thread about the show and not the books.

Nothing of what I've said is a spoiler. L+R=J has not be confirmed officially.

The bit about Rhaegar's and Lyanna's history was taken straight from wiki.

it's 5 books that have over 700 pages spanning 15 years now. I definitely retain more than post people, but I still can't keep track of half of this shit.

finally got around to watching the first episode

really enjoyed it

looking forward to the rest

I have always had a man crush on Sean Bean since he did the Sharpe series

Back